aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

I could easily sell my ENGL SE EL34 for well more than I paid for it.

I won't though :p:laughing:

That's the one to go for if buying a high end ENGL though ;)

I was tempted for an engl as they are on the same par as the diezels but slightly looser sounding. Wouldn't mind hearing yours next time your playing.

Is it a good amp for clean and overdrive sounds as well as full blown metal?

I noticed GAK have them for just under 3 grand. They have the 6L6 and the EL34 now.

Trying to wait till the Mark 5 heads over to these shores first though. Don't wanna buy one without playing it but its gonna be a while i think to get a store that will get them in unless its ordered specifically for purchase.

Bass-

Fender Mex Jazz Bass, (LH of course!), John East onboard preamp, Seymour Duncan pickups, Leo Quan Badass Bass Bridge II (terrible name)

Laney R4H, 1x15, 4x12

Status Energy 5 string fretless

Guitar-

Fender Jap 72 LH Tele white ash, maple neck

Blackstar 5 Watt valve amp,

Boss Tuner

Modified (Monte Allums) Boss Blues Driver

Fender Phaser

T-Rex Tremster

TC Electronic Vintage Delay

TC Electronic Nova Reverb,

RFX MIDIBuddy (for Ableton LIve)

Boss RC-20XL (FOR SALE)

E-Bow

Diago Pedalboard

Diago Powerstation

"Studio" (room with stuff)-

2 x ElectroVoice N/D767 Dynamic mics

AKG C1000s Condenser

Sontronics STC-2 Large Diaphragm Condenser

Sontronics STC-1s Small Diaphragm stereo pair

Mackie 400f 10 I/O Firewire Preamp

Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O Firewire Preamp

Samson Patchbay

Carillon Control 49 MIDI Controller

Faderfox LV2 MIDI Controller (specially designed for Ableton)

Tapco S5 Monitors

Beyerdynamic DT100 Headphones

Akai 4000DS MKII Reel to reel (awesome equivalent to a tape echo)

Imac 2.4Ghz, 4Gb RAM

Macbook 2.4Ghz, 4Gb RAM

Ableton Live 7

Logic Pro 8

MOTU Electric Keys

REAPER

MIDIStroke

Glock

Melodica

Autoharp

Recorder

I was tempted for an engl as they are on the same par as the diezels but slightly looser sounding. Wouldn't mind hearing yours next time your playing.

Is it a good amp for clean and overdrive sounds as well as full blown metal?

I noticed GAK have them for just under 3 grand. They have the 6L6 and the EL34 now.

Trying to wait till the Mark 5 heads over to these shores first though. Don't wanna buy one without playing it but its gonna be a while i think to get a store that will get them in unless its ordered specifically for purchase.

Well we're playing Moorings on the 21st ;)

I find the SE to be ultra tight. More akin to the Herbert than to a VH-4 :)

They do a GREAT clean actually! Not as much headroom as your Herbie (180W - nice!) but 100W valve is enough haha!

Haven't really dabbled in overdrives as I tend to have my rhythm sound and lead sound and then a clean (think Metallica :laughing:) and that's it.

You're more than welcome to try it at any time man :D

Yummmy!, where did you get the Ground Control?! Couldn't find any in the UK!

try www.soundsgreatmusic.com

they have the gcx and the ground controls there. best to give them a call tho instead of ordering online to find out stock levels.

The Audio switchers come with an american plug but they just need cut off and fitted with a uk plug. They are not wired american though, they are built for the UK but for some reason don't come with the UK plug.

Well we're playing Moorings on the 21st ;)

I find the SE to be ultra tight. More akin to the Herbert than to a VH-4 :)

They do a GREAT clean actually! Not as much headroom as your Herbie (180W - nice!) but 100W valve is enough haha!

Haven't really dabbled in overdrives as I tend to have my rhythm sound and lead sound and then a clean (think Metallica :laughing:) and that's it.

You're more than welcome to try it at any time man :D

i will come down to the moornings that night and have a listen :D well i think the 180 watts is if you fit the herbie with 6L6 valves apparently. I have always had EL34 in it. I really should give it a try with 6L6. Maybe thats why i prefer the mesa's over it just now cos its maybe that 6L6 sound i am into.

try www.soundsgreatmusic.com

they have the gcx and the ground controls there. best to give them a call tho instead of ordering online to find out stock levels.

The Audio switchers come with an american plug but they just need cut off and fitted with a uk plug. They are not wired american though, they are built for the UK but for some reason don't come with the UK plug.

Wow! i thought it was nearer 800SOBS for some reason. Cheers for that!

No no no, must fix the suspension on the van first.... :nono:

lame, do you have to pay a premium on your house contents insurance?

I Do actually lol.

I had to give serial numbers and pics of everything to the home insurance for it all. Thinking i maybe need to drop something down the stairs to get my moneysworth from them. Wonder if the insurance would believe me if a mesa boogie falling in the bath was an accident :D after tripping over a les paul!

• 2 months later...
That is fucking beautiful.

There is just something about a telecaster. They are such a fine looking guitar, and in my opinion, sound better than almost any other guitar I have ever heard, if used PROPERLY.

Ta muchly...

It's a nice geetar, light and plays really well. Haven't touched my other two since I got it.