aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

I bought it second hand in Houston in 2003 and it cost 700. They were looking for a fair bit more in dollars but my mate who lives in Houston now said "I know how to haggle with these guys", went and asked them for a calculator and worked out what 700 was in dollars (I think it was around $1,100 dollars at the time). And they went for it. :)

However, I had to spend a bit to get it up to scratch, the stock pickups were crap so I had to spend about 120 on TV Jones replacements, the stock bridge was useless so I think I paid about 30 for a decent one and I also had a custom "Chet Atkins" pickguard made, so all in all I've got about 900 in the guitar. It's a killer now, definitely one of my favourites.

Nice, I like guitars in that style and really want one, can you sugest ones in a similar style that would be good for a learner?

Nice, I like guitars in that style and really want one, can you sugest ones in a similar style that would be good for a learner?

If you want a "real" Gretsch, i would go for one of these:

Gretsch G5120 Electro Hollowbody, Orange, New, Semi Acoustic product details : Guitar Village UK

Gretsch Electromatic G-5122, Walnut, New, Semi Acoustic product details : Guitar Village UK

If you're not bothered about the name on the headstock, then get one of these, as they are actually built in the same factory ast the Gretschs above:

Peerless Tonemaster Player, Orange, New, Inc. Case, Semi Acoustic product details : Guitar Village UK

Peerless Tonemaster Player Red, Red, New, Inc. Case, Semi Acoustic product details : Guitar Village UK

This is cheaper, but has no Bigsby, which may or may not bother you. Personally, I think they are essential. ;)

Ibanez AF75BS, Brown Sunburst, New, Semi Acoustic product details : Guitar Village UK

All of these will be decent guitars to get you started. You can always upgrade the pickups/hardware/electronics further down the line when you have more cash.

pics of some of my gear, sorry but the pics ain't that good.

first my practice set up for home:

43105595iy2.jpg

One Marshall DSL modded head and 1995 limited edition Cab

marshalldsl50stack1tt8.jpg

Another Marshall Modded DSL50 and another angled Cab:

marshalldsl50stack2bj6.jpg

My Peavey EVH 5150 Head and Marshall Straight CAB. This 5150 is one from the first year they came into production. could be 91 or 92 (can't remember)

5150stackut7.jpg

Next is my Diezel Herbert Head and yet another Marshall 4x12. This Herbert is a beast of an amp that is so versatile, shame though i don't use it much anymore, i just prefer the Mesa-Boogie sound now.

diezelstackvi6.jpg

Next, My Mesa Boogie Roadster amp and a Bogner with V30's CAB.

roadsterstacksn2.jpg

Now my new Mesa Boogie Lonestar Head and Bogner Cab. I love this amp. lovely clean and gain channels.

lonestarstackxl1.jpg

This is my old rack from the 90's There is a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp there, quite a collectors item now and classed as one of Mesa's Holy Grail of tones. Also the top GCX audio switching systems (one still in box which needs to go in with the other one) Thats new and great for pedal and amp switching. Also an old ADA preamp there - they were pretty good preamps back in the day

rack1qu6.jpg

rack2el0.jpg

mesawr2.jpg

Going to get a custom road live in amp head and rack case for a lot of this stuff

Next post will be some of my guitars and pedals

A few of my guitars, they need a good clean

Les Paul Standard and an old Les Paul Classic Plus

lespauls1vo0.jpg

61 reissue SG and an SG standard, and an Ibanez

guitars1zm2.jpg

A fender USA deluxe, 78 Fender Strat and a Custom Fender Strat

guitars2df5.jpg

random set up pic with another one of my Les Pauls and a live setup

11050972hy8.jpg

Last but nae least, my Roland TD-9 kit which i am learning to play drums on

48695397gk0.jpg

I may take pics of all the other gear i have which is in the loft one day

Sh*te, i forgot to take a pic of the Mesa Stilleto. Will get a pic o that and put it up.

Hopefully later this year i will get myself a Mark V, if they come into the UK soon. Could be a long wait for one o them i think

All three of those are just lovely.

The deluxe one in black i like, feels really nice to play but i don't really like the pickups. they are stock samarium cobalt fender things or something like that but they lack a bit o warmth. Not really sure what to replace them with. I want it to have a nice fender twang on the neck pickup but also a bit of beef behind it on the bridge pickup

pics of some of my gear, sorry but the pics ain't that good.

first my practice set up for home:

One Marshall DSL modded head and 1995 limited edition Cab

Another Marshall Modded DSL50 and another angled Cab:

My Peavey EVH 5150 Head and Marshall Straight CAB. This 5150 is one from the first year they came into production. could be 91 or 92 (can't remember)

Next is my Diezel Herbert Head and yet another Marshall 4x12. This Herbert is a beast of an amp that is so versatile, shame though i don't use it much anymore, i just prefer the Mesa-Boogie sound now.

Next, My Mesa Boogie Roadster amp and a Bogner with V30's CAB.

Now my new Mesa Boogie Lonestar Head and Bogner Cab. I love this amp. lovely clean and gain channels.

This is my old rack from the 90's There is a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp there, quite a collectors item now and classed as one of Mesa's Holy Grail of tones. Also the top GCX audio switching systems (one still in box which needs to go in with the other one) Thats new and great for pedal and amp switching. Also an old ADA preamp there - they were pretty good preamps back in the day

Going to get a custom road live in amp head and rack case for a lot of this stuff

Next post will be some of my guitars and pedals

Jeezo min! I thought I had too much stuff. You've got loooooooaaaadddds! Nice stuff to.:up:

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a schecter c-7 blackjack atx, jackson dxmg and esp m-ii urban camo through a 5150 II -> vintage 30

DSC00517.jpg

my 5150 II's having some issues right now though so might get either an engl savage or a 6505+ (i know. same amp...but at least it will be new and hopefully not break all the time....)

engl_savage120.jpg

my 5150 II's having some issues right now though so might get either an engl savage or a 6505+ (i know. same amp...but at least it will be new and hopefully not break all the time....)

Whats happening with your 5150? Only thing that i have ever had with mine is blown fuses due to faulty tubes. Good Going since its about 18 years old