aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

This may cause some controversy but here goes.

I picked up a Behringer VD1 of ebay last week for a mere £20.

4360180670_97c3dd40c1.jpg

Seen them going for around the 35-40 pound mark so I thought I'd take a punt and if it was shite I'd put it back on ebay with a reserve price of what I paid for it ;).

However I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It's a very good Big Muff clone. True to it's name it's very vintage sounding, A really nice warm, creamy fuzzy distortion with lots of sustain. It looks the part too. It has a really solid metal casing and it's about the same size as a Muff.

I know it's cheap and Behringer are known for being shite but I'm not planning on putting this bad boy back on ebay anytime soon.

An awesome bargain.

I think Behringers are ok - I've got their Acoustic Simulator, doesn't make a sound like an acoustic at all but it's a dead ringer for a Boss Dimension C. And only £8.50 on Ebay!!

Vintage Distortion pedal looks good - proper 70's!!

I've got a behringer tuner which works fine but it's not a fan of lower notes.

Years ago I used to have one of their v-amp multi effects. It lasted a good 2-3 years before it died, but in the end I was just using it for a tuner so I wasn't too bummed when it went.

I had the Slow motion pedal as well which I sold to Alan Cynic on here. My experience with them has been that they are alright for light use but the construction really lets them down. They sound alright though. The vintage distortion sounds ace and the construction so far seems really solid.

If they started putting them all in metal cases and upped the specs a wee bit they easily could rival those Biyangs and Joyo pedals that are going around.

I've got a behringer tuner which works fine but it's not a fan of lower notes.

Years ago I used to have one of their v-amp multi effects. It lasted a good 2-3 years before it died, but in the end I was just using it for a tuner so I wasn't too bummed when it went.

I had the Slow motion pedal as well which I sold to Alan Cynic on here. My experience with them has been that they are alright for light use but the construction really lets them down. They sound alright though. The vintage distortion sounds ace and the construction so far seems really solid.

If they started putting them all in metal cases and upped the specs a wee bit they easily could rival those Biyangs and Joyo pedals that are going around.

Yeah that thing looks like a Tank, if you'd waited a week you could've had the Big Muff - messed around for an hour last night and there's no way I can fit it on my board unless I splash out £100+ on george l's or some other pricy cable with tiny connectors. So i'll be selling it soon.........................

This may cause some controversy but here goes.

I picked up a Behringer VD1 of ebay last week for a mere £20.

4360180670_97c3dd40c1.jpg

Seen them going for around the 35-40 pound mark so I thought I'd take a punt and if it was shite I'd put it back on ebay with a reserve price of what I paid for it ;).

However I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It's a very good Big Muff clone. True to it's name it's very vintage sounding, A really nice warm, creamy fuzzy distortion with lots of sustain. It looks the part too. It has a really solid metal casing and it's about the same size as a Muff.

I know it's cheap and Behringer are known for being shite but I'm not planning on putting this bad boy back on ebay anytime soon.

An awesome bargain.

That thing combines quite well with other OD pedals. We used one quite a lot on the Katerwaul album but never on it's own. We always combined it with another pedal.

With all that shite and poop in one post I thought it was the pet hates thread for a second. I have a Behringer Vintage Tube Monster pedal. It is actually pretty good once I changed the shitty stock tube for a sovtek 12ax7. Wouldn't say it's amazing but only really use it as a pre-amp for VST's and on my solid state practice amp for distortion but it does the job. Build quality is actually pretty good. Built like a tank and never had any problems with it. However it was a £50 metal cased pedal, not one of the flimsy £15 boss knock offs. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/VT999.aspx

My behringer tuner must be around 5-6 years old and it still works fine. It's a bit dirty and dusty but structurally it's clean.

I love cheap pedals though. Something about them. I got this mingingly cheap phaser pedal off e bay. Turn all the dials up and it's a tsunami of swirls and oscillation. Beautiful.

I was playing my Blacktop Jazzmaster, bridge pickup replaced for an SD Invader and the tuners changed for Plant Waves locking ones.

395901_10150706266355225_1171463895_n.jpg

But the bridge just vibrates the screws out so it's sidelined for now until i can afford the mastery bridge.

I ordered a 50's tribute Gibson Les Paul that should arrive this week,

preview.jpg

All into my Hiwatt Hi Gain 100 + Fane loaded cab.

386792_10150490819870225_592206954_n.jpg

• Upvote 3