aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Jeeeeeeeeeeesus. so cool!

Ta man, it sounds like you'd imagine a Sunn to sound, its not anywhere near the higher end ones though, Model T, Enforcer, Sceptre etc.. like but its good! only problem is, its got a thermal cut off switch....hoping a fan ( an air blowing kind of fan not "a follower" ) will sort it out though!

• Upvote 1

Holy balls, that SG bass is beautiful man.
this is awesome Matt

Thanks guys, I'm liking it so far. No neck dive, to my surprise (grippy strap of course, probably wouldn't work with a shiny, slippy strap). Sounds similar to my Gibson IV but a little more gruff and growly, probably due to the pickups being a little closer to the bridge. Played it at Slains on Friday night and it sounded pretty good to me (the bassist it was connected to could maybe have been better though ;) )

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Chambered mahogany body

Kevazingo top

Wenge neck (25.5")

Zebrano/zebrawood fretboard

BKP Aftermath in the bridge, BKP trilogy suite in the neck.

Seems to be missing the coil tap I ordered though and there is a bigger volume difference between the pickups than I was expecting given how similar they are in output (Aftermath is 14.7kΩ and the trilogy suite is 12.5Ω). It's not like a total mismatch of an insanely hot humbucker and mellow single coil. May just be because they are not calibrated as a set, don't know. I will email the luthier and ask about both. I can't fault the woodwork though!

what was that post on facebook you put about you hated the other guitar or something, whats the scale length?

Which guitar do I hate? I have a few... Guessing you mean the other guitar I have that he made. In which case I basically just said that reverse headstocks are not my thing. Don't like them aesthetically or from a practical point of view. Also I find the 27" neck on that one the upper limit of comfortable so if I ever have the funds to get him to make another guitar it would be a 25.5" 7 string with a normal orientation headstock!

f you are asking for the scale length of this guitar it was in the post above. 25.5". It's basically an ibanez prestige super wizard neck (the same one as on the RG1620X) but he actually has made it a little thinner if anything meaning this is just about the most insanely fast neck ever in terms of both profile and the feel of the wenge.