aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Shocking decision by the ref. There is no way he can be certain that Fletcher fouled Nasri from that angle, especially when the ball went in the opposite direction!

Gutted for him. Was really looking forward to cheering on a Scot in the final :(

Time for Platini, Blatter et al to recind (sp?) the sending off.

It was a truly terrible decision. Gutting for Fletcher who has worked immensely hard this season.

Still 3-1, some cracking goals, Park scoring and a potentialy fantastic final :up:

He's been their most consistent player all season. He started off strongly with a couple of goals which boosted his confidence, and he's been instrumental in his best season yet. If any United player deserves to be in the final, it really is him. It's a massive shame. He is magnificent.

You'd better not be belittling Barnet or I'll become a Torquay supporter on the 17th.

quite the opposite, christie, when you have to endure going to places such as lewes, forest green, histon, eastbourne and barrow then barnet indeed are a footballing giant compared to those dinkies!

i see that professional thug joey barton has been suspended by newcastle, im sure wolves or one of the promoted clubs will employ him! i watched most of the rerun of newcastle's trip to liverpool the other day and was shocked at just how bad newcastle were. i know it was away at anfield but they really didnt look up for the fight. i think the problem is that the players have never experienced a relegation scrap before. still good to see shearer has a sense of humour when taunted by the cop!

i see that professional thug joey barton has been suspended by newcastle, im sure wolves or one of the promoted clubs will employ him! i watched most of the rerun of newcastle's trip to liverpool the other day and was shocked at just how bad newcastle were. i know it was away at anfield but they really didnt look up for the fight. i think the problem is that the players have never experienced a relegation scrap before. still good to see shearer has a sense of humour when taunted by the cop!

Joey's gotta go. I've defended him quite a lot (because if you take away all the bullshit that surrounds him, he is a very good football player) but this is where I draw the line. Shearer could've shown a bit more nous in the media, but good on him for showing some backbone with this incident. His career has been a series of stupid mistakes and, with the environment that he finds himself in, that's not going to get better anytime soon. I think that he needs to move abroad because he'll never be able to keep himself out of trouble while he's under the spotlight of the British media.

As for us, we have Boro, Fulham and Villa. Hull have Stoke, Bolton and ManYoo, and the Mackems have Bolton, Pompey and Chelski. If we don't beat Boro I think we're utterly fucked, as I can see Hull nicking something from Stoke and/or Bolton. I think Sunderland could get bogged down by all this as their defence looks just as incompetant as ours at the moment, but I dunno. I try very hard to be an optimistic fan but with the way we're playing at the moment I really can't see us picking up the points and staying in the division. If we go down we'll deserve it. This season has been nothing but fuck-up after fuck-up. From Keegan walking/being forced out (depending on what you believe) to Shay leaving to anything involving Joe Kinnear. We are the perfect model of how NOT to run a football club.

I've said it before; I'm at peace with the fact that we'll probably be playing in the Championship next season. I've readied myself for it. It won't stop me plowing stupid sums of money into supporting Newcastle United.

Pretty much everything I was going to say has already been said but fuck it I'll say it anyway, really gutted for Darren Fletcher, it's a lot of nonsense that a team can't appeal a red card if it really is an abvious bad decision - I'm all for players respecting referees and that, but they still make mistakes the same as everyone else, and football must be about the only situation in the world where you aren't allowed to argue and put up a case for yourself if you feel wrongly done by, you just have to accept it, which is just plain wrong.

If it's a Chelsea Man U final I reckon Man U will take it, if it's Man U Barca I fancy Barca.

If it's a Chelsea Man U final I reckon Man U will take it, if it's Man U Barca I fancy Barca.

As a Man Utd fan I'm hoping it's not Barca as I'm going to be in Barcelona during the final so could be one of those 'don't want to cheer too loud for fear of getting lynched' scenarios.

A Man Utd/Barca final will still be a fucking incredible 90+ mins of football.

that was beautiful, nothing better than seeing a boring english team shafted out of a final like that. Barca were by far the better of the two footballing teams over the two legs and im delighted that chealski's boring flat back 10 didnt get them into another final. Although saying all of that they did get a raw deal with the ref. Still serves them right for hardly attacking over the two legs.

Best part was hearing everyone cry on skysports news after, claiming all this pish about fifa being against english football and how there was a consipricy to stop there being two english teams in the final for the second year in a row. Actually no, the best part was seeing a picture of Cashley Coles face just after barca scored, carlsberg dont do pictures but if they did..........

.....and while I'm at it, out of their 4 "stonewall" penalty claims the Malouda "foul" and the "handball" from Ballack's shot were not penalties in my book.

The other two were fair enough, but frankly, Drogba reaps what he sows.....if he didnt go down like a big fairy all the time, he might have got more sympathy from the ref.

Seen that George Boyd lad from Peterborough that Burley has called up? After reading this article, in particular the highlighted line, I really don't want him playing for Scotland.

Peterborough winger George Boyd has been given the green light to play for Scotland after obtaining proof his maternal grandfather was born in Glasgow.

Scotland boss George Burley on Wednesday named a 17-man squad for Wednesday night's B international against Northern Ireland but revealed he was planning to make a further addition to the party. That man is Boyd, who has just helped his club secure their second successive promotion in the Football League.

The 23-year-old was born in Chatham but the Scottish Football Association were made aware of his Scottish heritage, opening the door for him to make his international debut.

Boyd told his club's official website: "Any international recognition is great and I am just looking forward to going up there and showing what I can do.

"I didn't really know about the Scottish interest until the beginning of the week. My granddad is very proud, as are my parents.

"I think (playing for) England is a bit far-fetched, so this is a great opportunity for me.

"Scotland have done extremely well of late and I just hope I can play well and see where it takes me."

What a cunt. He doesn't even want to play for Scotland so he shouldn't get to. We're obviously second choice because he thinks he might get a game for us. I don't like the bloodline rule at the best of times, but I can accept the likes of Don Hutchinson and Neil Sullivan if they actually WANT to play for Scotland and have a bit of national pride but this guy is taking the piss.

he never said he didnt want to play for scotland, just that an england call up was unlikely. Thing is we need someone like that who can put his foot on the ball and actually play. We dont have near enough players of his quality in our national side, although i have never been a fan of this if your granda is scottish you can play for them. Problem is tho where do you draw the line.

He's still obviously saying he'd prefer to play for England, and we're a reliabe second-best, I just don't think a player like that should be allowed to play for Scotland. He clearly doesn't even think of himself as Scottish.

Anyway this guy plays for Petersborough in League One, is he really any better than the players we have?

Guest idol_wild

Anyway this guy plays for Petersborough in League One, is he really any better than the players we have?

I'd suggest he's on a par with most of them. He is, essentially, now a Championship player - and I'd say the vast majority of the players in the Scotland squads these days are of Championship level standard. Minus a few exceptions, of course.