aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

American Pie Reunion

Surprisingly not totally shit. I mean, it's nothing groundbreaking but if you ignore the other poor sequels (although I stopped at the wedding one) and just consider the first film and this as a catch up with the characters for their school reunion it's OK, some decent laughs. Basically all the original characters come back to town for the school reunion except Stifler who never left.

7/10

Jaws

Upgraded to BluRay, being as it's my favourite film and all. Remains so and it looks ace on BR, especially the later scenes at sea. If anyone ever remakes this film I will probably cry a bit. Thank God it wasn't made by George Lucas, a CGI shark would be in place by now. And Mayor Vaughn's anchor pattern sports jacket would probably have been replaced by something more tasteful, grotesque as it is.

10/10

The Spy Who Loved Me

Bought some Bond films missing from my collection in a charity shop. This is the one with the bad guy in the submerging underwater base and the cool white Lotus Esprit that turns into a sub. It is a Roger Moore Bond film so it's nae great but not one of the worst with him in it.

7/10

The Living Daylights

See above. Timothy Dalton Bond film that I had not seen before. I would say Dalton probably ranks above Moore and Lazenby but behind the rest of the Bond actors. he is pretty effective until his scenes interacting with the gals and then he has a curious simpering expression on his face like a love-lorn schoolboy. The film itself was OK I guess although I'm struggling to remember the plot.

8/10

The Hunger Games

Decent film version of the first book which happily ditches a lot of the love triangle shite and manages to seem quite violent without actually showing any real blood and guts. Decent actors in place but when did Lenny Kravitz enter acting?

9/10

The Hunted

Fancied re-watching this, Benicio Del Toro plays a special forces soldier who loses the plot and starts killing hunters in the Portland woodlands. Tommy Lee Jones plays the man who trained him and who is contacted by the FBI to track him. TLJ is the man in this but then he usually is.

8/10

One Day - An adaptation of a novel with the same name. It follows two people, Anne Hathaway and some guy, over the course of 20-odd years, checking in on the same day every year. A classic will they/won't they type affair and very sad in parts (pure greetin'). Anne Hathaway is pretty good, bar her English accent which is all over the place. The male lead was good and his character was developed well throughout the film. Made me think about life and priorities and was surprisingly enjoyable. 6.5/10

nb: no Hathaway tits, unfortunately. Well, they're out at one point, but you can't see them. You kind of expect tits from her now. Oh well.

• Upvote 2

One Day - An adaptation of a novel with the same name. It follows two people, Anne Hathaway and some guy, over the course of 20-odd years, checking in on the same day every year. A classic will they/won't they type affair and very sad in parts (pure greetin'). Anne Hathaway is pretty good, bar her English accent which is all over the place. The male lead was good and his character was developed well throughout the film. Made me think about life and priorities and was surprisingly enjoyable. 6.5/10

nb: no Hathaway tits, unfortunately. Well, they're out at one point, but you can't see them. You kind of expect tits from her now. Oh well.

Her getting run doon is the lamest accident ever. In real life she'd be smashed to bits and be dragged down the road and end up looking like a dropped kebab. [spoiler/]

101 Dalmations - Classic. Not so tear-jerking as most Disney films.

The Hunger Games - a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. Those who have read the book, is the first book longer? It seemed like it could have been a couple of hours longer like LOTR.

Yeah the book is longer as it covers more relationship stuff before the games and stuff happening during the training/games. Most of it was able to be removed or cut into a montage sequence.

• 3 weeks later...
The missus pulled a blinder and got me George A. Romero's Trilogy of the Dead and Theme Hospital off Amazon.

Last night we watched the 1968 genre defining classic "Night of The Living Dead".

What a film.

It's a great movie and that cemetery scene right at the start is genuinely unsettling. All movie have great moments, my fave being "Choke on it!!!" from Day of The Dead.

• Upvote 1

Guest davetherave

Forgot to mention the Blu Ray version of jaws is fantastic, like watching the movie again for the first time (think I've seen it about 6 times before). Being old enough to remember the grainy VHS versions, the blu Ray version just leaps out of the screen and everything looks so much better, even the giant rubber shark :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...