aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

There's two versions? I only know the one with the raping and the pool balls in a sock.

"I'm the daddy now!"

The original was a made for BBC effort that got banned so they did a remake for cinema with much of the same cast. Archer however was a Scouse dodger with a crap 'tache in the original and a lesser character I felt.

The DVD was rereleased a few years back with both versions on it, I've got it.

'Scum' was one of those films that me and my mates used to get from the video shop underage now and then, we cycled between that, 'Quadrophenia', 'The Wanderers', 'The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle', 'Mad Max 2' and 'Xtro'.

Such was life when VHS was in it's infancy and you couldn't actually buy tapes. That or taping stuff off telly! 'Sepia tinged nostalgia over'

Watched Hot Rod last night. Found it in Cash Converters for a couple of quid. Familiar cast from Will Ferrell related films, which was pleasing. Makes sense, since he produced it. It was enjoyable. It was definitely shite, but I like shite films.

Rico was a great character, as was Jonathan, who should've had a bigger part. Will Arnett really can only play one character, but it's a great character.

c-c-c-c-c-c-cool beans

I Love You, Man. It makes you feel fuzzy inside...:popcorn:

Dick flicks make you feel all fuzzy inside! nice! I quite happily watch this movie loads of times.

Watched....

Amercian History X - First time I have seen it,nae bad

Erin Brochovich - funny when you watch an old film and find that there is so many US tv actors in it

Primal Fear - a very young richard gere and Ed Norton, great twists

Today a friend and I rented Iron Man as we'd not seen it but wanted to see the second one. Enjoyed it more than anticipated. I do love Robert Downey Junior though. Especially since he stopped being all coke-fiendish.

Then we went to the cinema and saw Hot Tub Time Machine, which had intrigued me as I couldn't tell if it was supposed to look terrible or what. Again, left feeling that it was better than I'd imagined.

Also rather enjoyed Iron Man 2 by the time we eventually got round to seeing it.

Bugger...it was 'The Warriors' I meant earlier on!!!!

"Warriors.....come out to playyyyyyyy!!!!"

LOVE that film. That quote was actually improvised by the actor, basing it on his neighbour who tormented him as a child. Same guy plays T Bird in The Crow, which is another lifelong favourite of mine.

Speaking of lifelong favourites, started watching Willow again last night. :up:

Antichrist, which was obviously trying to annoy me by being as super pretentious and controversial as it could manage. Nicely shot though.

Soylent Green, which I've never gotten round to watching before. Interesting that concerns in the '70s are still around today.

The Craft - Bit of a nostalgia fest, as I used to love this as a teenager. As one critic says, "Imagine "The Lost Boys," only they're girls instead of boys, and they're witches instead of vampires". 15 years on, it's terribly cliched in places, and Fairuza Balk (Nancy) overacts to within an inch of her life, but it's still quite good.

the-craft-movie-poster.jpg

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - Being a huge Freddy fanboy I was almost dreading seeing what Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes fucktards would do to ruin it. In the end it's not total shite but it's not far off. It's just dull and drab. The guy who plays Freddy is fucking shit, Freddy has no charisma any more, and the film is just completely done by the book and doesn't offer anything new. The film equivalent of dry bread. Plus, why did the change Freddy from being a child killer to being a child molester? I found him scarier as a murderer than a sex offender. Criminal. And what's more, they're inflcting two further sequels on us.

a-nightmare-on-elm-street.jpg

The Unborn - Horror flick from Platinum Dunes, with such a ridiculously convoluted concept that even the characters in it don't seem to understand it ("It's a ghost, or a demon, or something"). It has a few cool bits, but it seems to be mostly based around showing the leading lady prancing around in a vest top and panties. Even Gary Oldman's performance feels phoned in, and in some scenes you can actually see him thinking "what the fuck am I doing here?".

the-unborn-20091.jpg