aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Hopefully this is a joke, that film is bad in so many levels....Comedy value, unintentional mind, is about all that redeems it.Nic Cage did indeed use to be one of the most watchable actors around, even if a bit out there in style and an aquired taste for some, but his gradual decline in quality control has been such that I rarely even bother with his films now - he needs to disappear for a few years and come back triumphant like Mickey Rourke when the bad years are largely forgotten.

It is only partially a joke. I thought it was just incredible how bad this film was. This of course led to many belly laughs. Some films are not quite bad enough to watchable but this is probably the worst film ever. I find the original to be one of the scariest films I've ever seen though, especially the last half an hour or so.

"The bees! No, not the bees! The bees are in my mooooouuuth!"

It is only partially a joke. I thought it was just incredible how bad this film was. This of course led to many belly laughs. Some films are not quite bad enough to watchable but this is probably the worst film ever. I find the original to be one of the scariest films I've ever seen though, especially the last half an hour or so.

"The bees! No, not the bees! The bees are in my mooooouuuth!"

Totally missed the start of that yesterday but it looked like the biggest pile of crap ever. I love Nicholas Cage but really, really wish he'd stay away from shite roles. Check out the Weatherman & Matchstick Men for his better performances.

Nic Cage has been done to death on this thread, and right enough he's done some stinkers, like Ghost Rider for example which was fucking tripe. However he's done some great stuff as well, he was wildly unhinged in Face Off, and he's ace in Matchstick Men.

Plus he drives a Volvo, a beige one.

I went to see A Prophet last night, what a brilliant film, totally engrossed form start to finish, loved the whole setting, cinematography, story.....Would recommend!

Oooh. I was going to go see this tomorrow night, but I've settled on going to see Precious. Might have to fit this in at some point too.

Munich

Great film, Eric Bana and his team of assassins track down and eliminate the parties supsected as being responsible for the killing of the Israeli Olympic team in 1972. At a shade over 2.5 hours it's long but doesn't really drag. 9/10.

Batman Forever

Bought the Blu-Ray box set of the 4 Batman movies prior to the current reboot. It's pretty camp and in comparison to Batman Begins/The Dark Knight very light in tone, but put the brain in neutral and it's fun and looks like a live action cartoon. Val Kilmer was the most rubbish Bruce Wayne though. 7/10.

Precious - It was quite an uplifting film in the end. Emotionally charged and very uncomfortable viewing at times. Mo'Nique who played the abusive mother was excellent, it's no wonder she won a Golden Globe. And Mariah Carey's bit part role was also very good.

Such a good film. I highly recommend this!

I Love You Man. Comedy where Phoebe's boyfriend out of Friends is due to get married but doesn't have any mates to ask to be his best man, so he goes on a series of "man dates" with hilarious consequences.

It was similar in tone to all those Judd Apatow comedies, I was surprised when his name didn't pop up at the end.

Funny comedy with quite a few laugh out loud moments and good supporting performances from Earl's wife out of My Name is Earl, the fat guy out of Swingers that directed Iron Man and the baldie out of Oz that raped Peter Schibetta using axel grease as an impromptu anal lubricant.

I Love You Man. Comedy where Phoebe's boyfriend out of Friends is due to get married but doesn't have any mates to ask to be his best man, so he goes on a series of "man dates" with hilarious consequences.

It was similar in tone to all those Judd Apatow comedies, I was surprised when his name didn't pop up at the end.

Funny comedy with quite a few laugh out loud moments and good supporting performances from Earl's wife out of My Name is Earl, the fat guy out of Swingers that directed Iron Man and the baldie out of Oz that raped Peter Schibetta using axel grease as an impromptu anal lubricant.

Slap d'bass....

Great dickflick

• Upvote 1

Munich

Great film, Eric Bana and his team of assassins track down and eliminate the parties supsected as being responsible for the killing of the Israeli Olympic team in 1972. At a shade over 2.5 hours it's long but doesn't really drag. 9/10.

It's good but the blood splatter ultra-violence is a wee bit over the top.

Oh, and I saw Brothers at the cinema. It was okay, but I really want to see the Norweigan original now because it's apparently way better. Some of the scenes were genuinely gripping, but it was a bit obvious and ham-fisted in places.

Whoever gave Tobey MacGuire the lead role should be shot. Terrible casting.

6/10

Boyz In The Hood - Good, but not the classic I was expecting.

I recently picked this up cheap, it wasn't quite as good as I remembered. Still OK though. Laurence Fishburn's jumpers are immense.

Poor Winona, now playing Mr Spock's Mum in the newest Star Trek. That just feels wrong, when I first saw her she was playing the teenager in Beetlejuice and made me feel all wrong...