aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I think the drug smuggling aspect of his life was interesting enough initially but he just became the poster child of the stoners. Made a change from Bob Marley I suppose.

Nail.Head. I mean, I used to enjoy a toke in my youth, but I didn't need to read books about it, put up posters about it or wear tshirts with a fucking great big leaf on them.

I watched "The Mist" over the weekend after a recommend on here. Decent wee film. Enjoyed quite a lot.

I've got "Old Joy" to watch after work tonight. Anyone seen it?

I watched The Mist last weekend and thought it was ok. I heard that there was a special DVD version that played the movie in B and W. Having seen it i reckon the B and W would work quite well. Also did you mean Old Boy and if so your in for a wierd and wonderful rollercoaster of a film if not then i havent seen it.

I watched The Mist last weekend and thought it was ok. I heard that there was a special DVD version that played the movie in B and W. Having seen it i reckon the B and W would work quite well. Also did you mean Old Boy and if so your in for a wierd and wonderful rollercoaster of a film if not then i havent seen it.

Yeah, i have The Mist on Blu Ray and the B&W version is very atmospheric. That's how the director intended it to be and it works really well.

Had a girlie night in with pizza wine and I love you man film about a guy (Mike from Friends) who is away to get married but has no mates (spent all his time with girlfriends), so goes on a quest to get some friends of his own. Usual type of predictable chick flick, but really quite funny. Enjoyed it - thumbs up!

I watched The Mist last weekend and thought it was ok. I heard that there was a special DVD version that played the movie in B and W. Having seen it i reckon the B and W would work quite well. .

Can't you just change the colour and contrast on your TV to make it black and white? You could do it on those old tellies that had the dials. They were the biz. You could tune in a channel in seconds using the dials, none of this slow autoscan nonsense, and your TV wasn't completely useless if you lost the remote control.

Yes Man. What was a filler for my Tesco DVD list actually turned out to be quite amusing. Jim Carrey was in restrained-funny mode as opposed to too over the top annoying mode. Zooey Deschanel was looking good and had a great singing scene. For some reason every other song on the soundtrack was an Eels one. And Murray from Flight of the Conchords was in it hosting Harry Potter and 300 themed parties. All good.

8/10.

Conan the Barbarian. I didn't finish it was the "so shit its good factor" quickly changed to just shit. I watched Charlie Brooker instead and secretly lusted after Josie Long.

Can't stand that Josie Long. She's on radio 4 a fair bit and just ruins every panel show. Being a bit 'quirky' does not compensate for a lack of proper jokes. Each to their own though, I can see the attraction I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Watched 2 films last night.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Absolute tripe. Leather face was a bit of a fanny. And the woman really needed to stop screaming every 2 seconds. Bill Mosely and Dennis Hopper were pretty good though.

It could only get better from there. Next up was Mr Brooks. Kevin Costner is a serial killer in it. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a pretty damn good film. Well worth a viewing! I won't spoil it anymore. Also stars Dane Cook (who is surprisingly good).

Watched 'Man on wire'......the time passed quickly, and it fairly got my attention (and seeing as the 'hero' was an attention-seeking tension-seeker it was all good).

Also saw V for vendetta the other night...pretty naff, I thought (but then it wass based on a comic, so it was to be expected).

Watched 'Man on wire'......the time passed quickly, and it fairly got my attention

That was exactly my reaction. Nothing more, nothing less. It's very watchable without being tremendous in any way. I think the main guy is just not that interesting. He did one amazing feat but there wasn't really enough conflict/drama to turn it into a truly gripping doc. A good one though.