aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

If we did givethat fat orange balloon the heave ho, who would we get in to replace him? It's that self-servicing penis-hopper Stewart Milne we need to get shot of. He's cunt of the highest order, and he's only in the football business for his own gain. It shows the ambition of the club that the year we make it into UEFA cup instead of giving the manager a wee bit of cash to splash, we sell our captain, the Scotland international, for 1m and sign Jeffrey de Vischer, Lee Mair and Derek Young for free. Then later on we sell Chris Clark and Michael Hart and sign Dave Bus and Stuart Duff for free. And we can't even use some of the money we've made from player sales to offer improved contracts to key players. So what keeps happening? As our players reach the end of their contract they get hocked to the highest bidder in January or let go for nothing in the summer, and then we sign some donkey on a free transfer who isn't nearly as good as the player we lost. The way that club is run is a fucking farce.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the refereeing was shocking in the first half last night. i don't mean necessarily biased one way or the other, just that he was all over the place. ignoring his assistants and generally being a useless cunt.

the free kick for their first was never a free kick but once they equalised, we never looked threatening again. they had more hustle than us and won everything in the middle of the field. we were embarrasing for the most part. our fans disappointed me when they started chucking stuff. you need to rise above shite like that, regardless of what's gone on before.

piss poor all round.

You must still be in Superbowl mode ;)

How was Severin's pass completion rate?

Conway's rushing can be a problem.

etc etc

you'll get a boot in the balls for your cheek ;)

basically the problem was the lack of pressure from our front seven. they had plenty of time in the pocket and we we're leading the league in gashness!

Severin's pass completion rate was pretty much in keeping with the options his team mates were giving him.

You are forgetting the amazing pass he gave Langfield. Oh wait it wasn't amazing it was shocking. Langfield got the blame for that though as well.

I thought he had a half decent game first half but he was shocking in the second and couldn't pick his players up.

Our probably was that there wasn't any options and we were pushing forward enough, but that's been going on for a while now.

In better news Wales beat Norway 3-0 comfortably.

The last goal was a horrible mistake, but it was basically irrelevant. I thought overall Severin had a better game than Diamond, for example.

If players need lifted for a semi-final then they're beyond saving. Got humped by United when Anderson was captain too mind, was that his fault? He's a had a poor season, but I think Calderwood's totally ruined Severin. He's switched him about between midfield and centre back constantly, which has him playing as often as not with Diamond, with whom he's very obviously incompatible, he's brought him back into the side at times when he's not been back to full fitness and I think he's just lost confidence now, largely because of the way JC has used him has made him a prime target for fans to focus their frustration on.

The last goal was a horrible mistake, but it was basically irrelevant. I thought overall Severin had a better game than Diamond, for example.

If players need lifted for a semi-final then they're beyond saving. Got humped by United when Anderson was captain too mind, was that his fault? He's a had a poor season, but I think Calderwood's totally ruined Severin. He's switched him about between midfield and centre back constantly, which has him playing as often as not with Diamond, with whom he's very obviously incompatible, he's brought him back into the side at times when he's not been back to full fitness and I think he's just lost confidence now, largely because of the way JC has used him has made him a prime target for fans to focus their frustration on.

Aye, and near all the other players he sticks on the pitch as well. I don't think any of them know where their positions are and where they used to play well when they were footballers. Confidence in the whole team is shot! That issue lies at the managers feet. Fucking sick of reading his crap in the paper too. Players this, players that, responsibility on the pitch blah blah blah. He's their fucking manager, that's his job to get them in the right frame of mind.

The team have shown that they can play well, about once every six games so there is ability there. No leadership, managerial understanding of the men or a consistent tactical thought! I was never in the 'I'm sick of JC camp, but I would happily let him know what I think if I saw him in town. I've had a pint or two and a bash of my drums so the latter point isn't likely to really happen. That said...

I am wondering if there is something very wrong going on behind the scenes...

I would actually take J Macs ticket off his hands if he hasn't got rid of it already. Getting hold of an away stand ticket is a nightmare as i don't speak/ can't read German fluently (i can speak it and read it a wee bit but not enough to attempt to purchase something with a credit card) and that's the only part of the Bayern site that isn't translated :(

I don't care about sitting in the normal stand with the Aberdeen fans either.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ah, big Tango and his novel strategies. I remember them well. Sometimes I get a little angry that he fucked off and stole half our first team, but then I remember he's a tactical mess...

Major Cup Finals reached since Tango fucked off at the drop of a hat and will do so again as soon as he gets an offer from England:

Dunfermline 2-0 Aberdeen

:up:

I'm not confident enough in my German to take a risk on a credit card purchase.

Wo leben sie? ;)

Man, it is a piece of piss, use a translator, and you will be singing along with the rest of your comrades in no time

I did it for a sigur ros gig in Berlin, and it is much the same as over here.

Failing that there are heaps of english speaking people on the bayern boards who could translate it for you!!!