aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

A fascinating insight, Mr Shearer. What do you think, Lawro?

What the fuck, Del?! That's straight outta the Alan Shearer school of inane cliches! You've been watching too much MOTD.

Love from Christy

i have indeed! you canna beat a bit of shearer/lawro/hansen etc type punditry! i'll stick me neck out even further and predict bayern munich to score first.:up:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She just irritates me with the shite she speaks. And her teeth. Also Football Italiano has John Barnes and that's unacceptable. They also never seem to even have the most interesting Sunday afternoon game.

I watched a game last Sunday, it was absolute shit! Can't even remember who was playing. I recognised a few player names from my spell as Parma boss in Football Manager 07 but that was it.

i have indeed! you canna beat a bit of shearer/lawro/hansen etc type punditry! i'll stick me neck out even further and predict bayern munich to score first.:up:

A few more from the big book of football clichs:

"You really don't want to lose a goal just before half time" (when is there ever a good time to lose a goal?)

"When you're down at the bottom these things always seem to go against you"

"They're playing poorly but still grinding out results, which is the true sign of champions".

"The defence simply aren't able to cope with Ronaldo's trickery"

"He's a professional and he should know better"

"It might just go down to who wants it more"

"This is a real 6-pointer"

"If you want to stay up you have beat the teams around you"

I'm roped into Valentine's Day duties so I wont even be able to watch it on the telly. I hate having a girlfriend.

(PS I am totally pussy-whipped, before anyone else says so).

O Elwood, my brother, you change wifeburds more than I change my undercrackers. Dinghy this one and watch the game. You'll have picked up a new missus Elwood by next week.

I very cunningly took missus christ out for a meal on Tuesday, thus getting to go to Todders tonight without getting an earful in return. In fact, it was she who got the earful. Fucking fetishist!

Love from Christy

missed the second half due to the fact that i'm at work but i'll take 2-2. i expected an utter defeat not a thrilling draw. the first half was one of the greatest things i've ever seen(though their keeper was shite). it really takes the piss that we play so badly every week then pull out performances like that.

A draw was all we deserved. Aberdeen played us hard in the first half but were a bit more restrained in the second half. A very entertaining game.

I don't fancy your chances in Munich really but you can certainly hold your heads up high after that. I was disappointed with our defence in the first half. Micho was terrible and Lucio was playing too far forward for most of the game and Ottl wasn't tracking back enough. Lahm definitely calmed them down in the second half but Podolski wasn't on quick enough in my opinion and should've come on for Klose instead who although he got the first goal was largely AWOL for the most part. Lahm and Lell were the only performers from our side for me and they both only got 45 mins each.

missed the second half due to the fact that i'm at work but i'll take 2-2. i expected an utter defeat not a thrilling draw. the first half was one of the greatest things i've ever seen(though their keeper was shite). it really takes the piss that we play so badly every week then pull out performances like that.

Said keeper was playing with a potential slipped disc. Nowhere near his best performance but slightly understandable given the circumstances really. Clangers had a good match.