aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

I've pretty much bought a whole new setup in the last 9-10 months!

Which is

1 Schecter Damian 7 string.

1 Schecter Blackjack 7 string.

Peavey 6505 head.

Boss overdrive pedal.

Boss EQ pedal.

Some Whirlwind leads.

Still need a cab. Getting the Framus Dragon 4x12 when I get the money. And the ISP Decimator pedal.

And that should be me sorted!

Why did you never think you would see the day?

Well, shamefully, as a youngster, I always associated them with twangy 50's rock and thought that they were plug-ugly, compared to the more elegant Strat.

On Sunday, whilst rehearsing my Strat broke a string ('B', of course) and as we had built up some momentum on the stuff we were doing and didn't want to fanny around - I picked up my mate's Tele and was absolutely astounded at how beautiful it was to play.

There ye go.

Guest DustyDeviada

Philestine. ;)

I used to have a Tele that looked identical to that one, except the previous owner had put a white tortiseshell pickgaurd on it. I sold it after I got my Strat though because I wasn't playing it enough. The dude out of The Void whose name escapes me at the moment bought it, I think he's in The Jinx now.

I'll buy another one someday, probably a 52 reissue like Jan Deal's. :)

Peavey 6505 head.

Still need a cab. Getting the Framus Dragon 4x12 when I get the money. And the ISP Decimator pedal.

And that should be me sorted!

Nice! How you liking the 6505? What did it replace?

I've heard nout but excellent things about the Decimators. Let me know what ya think :up:

Just picked up an MXR Smart Gate the other day. Will give it a run tonight and see how it is.

Also, setup my Moon Explorer in E with 12-54 and it sounds and plays great again so I've taken it home again :)

Nice! How you liking the 6505? What did it replace?

I've heard nout but excellent things about the Decimators. Let me know what ya think :up:

Just picked up an MXR Smart Gate the other day. Will give it a run tonight and see how it is.

Also, setup my Moon Explorer in E with 12-54 and it sounds and plays great again so I've taken it home again :)

For the small amount of time I've had a chance to use it, its been great!

Like I said I dont have a cab yet, so haven't had a chance to tweak it properly.

But so far so good! Its got more gain than you'll ever need.

It replaced a Marshall valvestate which is muck for the style I play!

I have been busy doing diy, but still managed to get a battered old squire tele for a project off these very pages. I will be putting A Wizard P90 (modified to give two different power outputs work from a push/push vol pot) in the bridge and probably a Wizard Racer HB (coil tapped) in the neck. I also got a one off custom guitar from America. It's not got a brand name on it, but it sounds and plays pretty good. Through 24 fret neck (maple) and SD 59'ers. It looks a little bit like a strat/warwick thingy. I bought this off a friend of mine. He had it on ebay for a while but no one was interested. This was probably due to it not having a 'brand name'. What is the saying again? 'Their loss is my gain'

Finally got my Mackie Onyx 800r

My band is now left without a drummer so there really was no point on buying that device to record drums, at this point :(

Thinking of getting some high quality portable amplifier as soon as I get some funds. Also need to buy 5 small amplifiers for teaching group lessons at some point also (i think I will wait until my group lessons are booked before purchasing these to avoid a repeat of the lack of drummer situation).

--Mark--

Fit diz it dee min?

It's a 4-track loop station, capable of some mental things.

"The Electro-Harmonix 2880 offers the familiar control setup of a multitrack digital recorder while adding flexible looping capabilities and track manipulation control. Multiple loops, in stereo and mono, can be pitch shifted, reversed and manipulated on four recording tracks. These four tracks can then be moved to two mixdown tracks, freeing them up to be reused. Flexible punch in/out is available on any recording track, allowing the musician to achieve "Looper Perfection" with the 2880."

• 2 weeks later...

A bit boring, but I got a set of cases for my drum kit. The sensible choice (if years too late).

Drum Sacks from Birmingham Drum Centre.

My 6 piece Premier will no longer get scratched as it rolls around in the car en route to gigs.

I now use my old kit for practice and the Premier kit for gigs.

PS 3 new pairs of sticks as well.

my new mixer arrived a couple of days ago, makes life so much easier than my old solution (which recently developed a habit of picking up foreign radio stations late at night when using high gain settings!) Only thing that bugs me abit is that it doesn't have a power switch and has to be turned on/off at the mains plug. Other than that it's great and has a hell of a lot

more functionality than any other mixer in it's class (plus it's made by Soundcraft!)

compact_10_angle_low.jpg

A bit boring, but I got a set of cases for my drum kit. The sensible choice (if years too late).

Drum Sacks from Birmingham Drum Centre.

My 6 piece Premier will no longer get scratched as it rolls around in the car en route to gigs.

I now use my old kit for practice and the Premier kit for gigs.

PS 3 new pairs of sticks as well.

En route to gigs....do you know something I don't?:popcorn:

Well I just mortgaged myself to the hilt (pretty tough with my credit rating), and saved for months, but eventually I attained it, now everyone bow down before the might of my Behringer graphic equaliser 16 quid chat, yowzah indeed.

I just need a little boost, thats all.

Slightly more seriously I got a good value Ashdown 60W solid state amp for 130 last year, and it sounds good enough to take me to the next amp I get.

Also bought for my use, but not by me is one of those ART tube preamps they have in Sound Control for 40, which warms up recorded tones a bit.

Theres loads of stuff that I want but apparently Glasgow Central Sound Control has a guy that can knock up analogue pedals, so I want a Phaser built into a wah to enable foot control of phase rate, for mind melting wig out bits. That would be the best.