aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

A friend of mine gave me a dvd of Electro Harmonix pedals demos, and I'm well impressed with the EH POG, it sounds amazing. The price is pretty steep though.

I got that demo cd with My little big muff and it convinced Me to order the EHX Bassballs.:woohoo:

I got the Nano version, it should be here tomorrow.

if this thread is anything to go by 2007 is a good year for the instrument/amplification industry!

i've discoved the delights of ebay and got myself this laney G100L and a 35 year old marshall cab:

Laney3.jpg

had a bit of bother with the amp and had to rewire the cab so I could use it with my 18watt beast, but its sounding great now!! The cab's got two celestion G12M 70's and two G12K 85's, its obviously had a hard life as the tolex under the fur is full of holes and rips!

Also got a Belcat delay pedal and an Ernie Ball volume pedal for much cheapness! Ebay rocks!! :woohoo:

Guest nature_1

DSC00471Large.jpg

more or less everything in there is new in 2007, apart from my tuner, the sunburst telecaster, the epi les paul (that i really must pay paul for this week!) and the line 6 practice amp.....

i want an AC30!

and a roland GR20 set up.

(i want too much:()

Guest nature_1

thats awesome

i'm currently awaiting delivery of new pickups for one of my guitars, and i'm hoping to order a Roland GR20 set up in the not too distant future.

I'm going to be every soundman in aberdeen's worst nightmare :D

I got that demo cd with My little big muff and it convinced Me to order the EHX Bassballs.:woohoo:

I got the Nano version, it should be here tomorrow.

I am not convinced that the Nano versions are worth getting to be honest, I've heard bad things about their tone. Plus, "proper" EH pedals are hardly the sturdiest pedals in the world (especially prone to dying on stage in my experience), so I would be especially weary of smaller, cheaper equivalents.

Guest nature_1

i've got a metal muff, and it's just died on me.

anyone any good with a multimeter that'd be up for taking a look at it for me?

all the rest of my EHX pedals are pretty good, like...

I am not convinced that the Nano versions are worth getting to be honest, I've heard bad things about their tone. Plus, "proper" EH pedals are hardly the sturdiest pedals in the world (especially prone to dying on stage in my experience), so I would be especially weary of smaller, cheaper equivalents.

The EH Nano and Micro pedals are actually much sturdier than the "proper" EH pedals, they have a really nice aluminum case.

I owned a Nano Clone for awhile and wasn't impressed with the sound at all, alot of people like the sound of the Nano Small Stone phaser though.

Diesel

You need to think about modding that CS-3, Trust me you would like the sound, I can email you the schematic and instruction and parts list for it if you want.

Also could arrange for you to hear what they sound like modded.

I have a CS-3 as well... what's this mod like? Send me a PM

Guest DustyDeviada

As promised, here's the first mod to my Squier 51.

Out goes the boring Squier decal:

sq51blonde_neckfront.jpg

And say hello instead to the Fender Mattocaster:

DSC00245.JPG

DSC00246.JPG