aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

At the end of the year i got my ass a Sovtek Mig100, talk about true power, holy no ears left.

I bid for one of those on eBay, went for a pish, made a cup of tea, then the phone rang - my sister - couldn't get the bastard to shut up and by the time I got back to my PC, it had been sold - and for less than I would have bid for it.

My reaction was unprintable - even on this site.

Just got myself this -

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Musicman SUB Sterling

Took me a while to get my hands on, as they were discontinued last year, but definately worth it. Sounds and feels awesome, and looks pretty cool too...

David

i dont like the sub series that much, i was thinking about getting one as a back up for my stingray 5. But they don't match the tone or the feel of the real thing, you should consider getting a sterling or a stingray...

They are beast, wouldn't change it for the world...

x

just bought a trace elliot Ah200-7 and gordon allan 2x15 cab for a ridiculous 200. i'm not a big trace fan but it'll certainly tide me over and i couldn't say no to that price!

got an eq pedal and a tu-2 as well recently. setup is coming together.

/x

I coulda sold you a cab man :p Maxi that bass looks fucking nice.

i dont like the sub series that much, i was thinking about getting one as a back up for my stingray 5. But they don't match the tone or the feel of the real thing, you should consider getting a sterling or a stingray...

They are beast, wouldn't change it for the world...

x

Never really had the chance to play the 'real' Musicman('s/men?) so can't really compare, I can only go as far as 'I love this bass'.

All reports from elsewhere have been glowing so far really, exactly the same workmanship and electronics put into them, just the obvious cuts ('simpler' finish, satin neck, unmatched (aesthetics wise) wood) to bring down the price.

I still love my Jazz, but I am definately now a Musicman man :)

David

dan, your black machine is a serious piece of kit!!! love the headstock, was that your design or the builders???

That is the standard blackmachine headstock, everyone has the same one! I got to choose the woods, finish, binding, pickups, hardware, custom flame at the 12th fret and number of strings(!) though :)

how does it play, dan? it looks beastly!

/x

Beautiful man! I was worried for some reason that I'd get it and be disappointed, but it is just insane. The tone is awesome, and it plays so, so well. I honestly couldn't be happier with it, even if it bought a winning national lottery ticket whilst whacking me off to the james bond theme tune.

Dan - the Black Machine looks fantastic! What tonewoods did you use? All Mahogany?

My Hanneman arrived today! I'll post iup pictures tomorrow :up:

i can't remember embarassingly enough! I basically said, "uh...give me the best!" whatever that maybe. For someone whose knowledege of gear and music theory is pretty in-depth, I'm an idiot when it comes to knowing how and what a guitar is built from. ?(

i'll look forward to seeing pics of the hanneman

i can't remember embarassingly enough! I basically said, "uh...give me the best!" whatever that maybe. For someone whose knowledege of gear and music theory is pretty in-depth, I'm an idiot when it comes to knowing how and what a guitar is built from. ?(

Oh dear! o_O hehe

Depends what your take on 'the best' is.

Is it quite a thick sound with plenty bottom end? (most like Mahogany)

Much of a brightness to it? (possibly some Maple in there somewhere)

Whatever it is, I bet it's a great acquisition! :up:

i'll look forward to seeing pics of the hanneman

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

w00t!

I only saw it briefly, but by the looks of it, there's a thick maple cap on it.

Just took delivery of a new Framptone Amp Switcher from Keeley in the states.

Nice piece of kit and solves a lot of signal loss, ground and amp buzzing probs i have encountered in the past.

Also built like a tank.

looking into maybe getting a Soldano HR50 or the SLO, was going to get a bogner but it sounded kinda fizzy like a mesa. want more of a raw sound.