aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

Well, it was a birthday present, so I have no idea where it came from or how much it cost! It is a Harley Benton, if that helps. I feel it is going to take a bit of practice before I can get any good at it...

I've got one of those Harley Benton "Sliders" as well, excellent little guitar. Way better than the fender and the gretch models IMHO. Nicer build and parts + made in Germany (as opposed to China)

What do you tune yours to? Where do you find spare strings? How you getting on with it?

Probably you have done this already, but put it through a mild overdrive and a delay and you get some pretty good "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces" tone.

Guest DustyDeviada

Melodymaker.jpg

I guess this is it then! How does it compare to the 56? Apparently they all have the same pickups.

I thought about picking one of these Melody Makers a while back but I couldn't live with the satin finish.

Melodymaker.jpg

I guess this is it then! How does it compare to the 56? Apparently they all have the same pickups.

I thought about picking one of these Melody Makers a while back but I couldn't live with the satin finish.

Yes that's it. How did you do that??

Up until now I think it's pretty good. I measured the output of the pick up and it's in the same ball park as the 56RI. Sound wise it's seems less heavy handed than the 56, but I suppose that comes down to having less wood behind it. It seems preety good for the punk stuff we are doing. I will be playinf with the band today so I will find out how it cuts through etc.

Finish wise I would have to agree, but I wanted it to take out and gig etc rather than the 56. Plus it looks like it will wear pretty quickly The neck is already getting a bit of a shine to it, as is the top edge where my arm rubs whilst strumming. I think it will look pretty cool in a few months time.

Thanks for getting the pix up.