aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

Been looking to get a couple of BK's to replace the mingin' stock pickups in my Ibanez SZ720, but I've nae got a clue which ones to get. The tone I'm aiming for is something similar to Kirk Windstein/Pepper Keenan in Down (bass-a-licious) but I play a lot of classic and southern rock too, so a bit of versatility wouldn't go a miss.

Any suggestions? I've been eyeing up the Warpig.

Been looking to get a couple of BK's to replace the mingin' stock pickups in my Ibanez SZ720, but I've nae got a clue which ones to get. The tone I'm aiming for is something similar to Kirk Windstein/Pepper Keenan in Down (bass-a-licious) but I play a lot of classic and southern rock too, so a bit of versatility wouldn't go a miss.

Any suggestions? I've been eyeing up the Warpig.

Pepper uses the Seymour Duncan Invader, Kirk also used the Invader before getting an ESP with EMG 81s. I've not not tried the Warpig yet but I read that it sounds like an Invader with more clarity.

1967 Vox Conqueror amp is on it's way...

Here's my newly bought Conqueror, yet to receive it though. The handle has been replaced with a modern type and the power lead input has been changed to a kettle lead type. Hopefully I can replace the handle...

Conqueror3-1.jpg

Conqueror2-1.jpg

It will go nicely with my JMI Dynamic Bass head.

DSC03140.jpg

These Vox solid state amps are so damn cool!

DSC03138.jpg

Here's my newly bought Conqueror, yet to receive it though. The handle has been replaced with a modern type and the power lead input has been changed to a kettle lead type. Hopefully I can replace the handle...

Conqueror3-1.jpg

Conqueror2-1.jpg

It will go nicely with my JMI Dynamic Bass head.

DSC03140.jpg

These Vox solid state amps are so damn cool!

DSC03138.jpg

stunning

Guest DustyDeviada
Yup! :up:

Has the guitar you're not allowed to play till December arrived yet? A new Historic? That'll be torture!!!

It has indeed arrived, but it's been shipped out to my mum's house so that I can't get my hands on it. :down:

I was allowed to open it up to make sure it was OK though, and it's damn cool, it just oozes mojo. Not a "historic" as in Gibson, but it is actually historic, 1968.

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, it depends how pedantic you want to get - I suppose technically Jimmy Page didn't actually play one - he played a Danelectro, my new guitar was made by Danelectro but is actually a Silvertone. Has all the lipstick pickups etc.

Guest DustyDeviada

There are some photos on the web from the place I bought it but they aren't very good and don't really do the guitar justice. I'll take some decent photos myself and post them once I get my hands on it in December.

These things are a steal though, under 400 delivered, including taxes etc, get your hands on them while you still can, they will only go up in value.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, I never meant to suggest that I'd bought the exact same model that he'd played, just something from the same company.

Here's one that's similar to mine from the same site, although mine has a tortoiseshell pickgaurd. :up:

1452L_danelectro.jpg

that's a killer. mike henderson plays the same one set up for slide (with 14's). great sounding guitars and really, really cheap too.

Yeah, I never meant to suggest that I'd bought the exact same model that he'd played, just something from the same company.

Here's one that's similar to mine from the same site, although mine has a tortoiseshell pickgaurd. :up:

1452L_danelectro.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada
that's a killer. mike henderson plays the same one set up for slide (with 14's). great sounding guitars and really, really cheap too.

Yes! The first time I came across these guitars it was through Mike Henderson. He was playing with Mark Knopfler at the Royal Albert Hall in 2001, great player.

Think I'll skip the 14s though... ;)