aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Picked up a Pearl Brass 14 x 3.5 free floating snare drum (doesn't even need a stand) to replace my old one that was stolen a few weeks ago. 90 with a hard case, booyah!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I just got me a Pacific kit (CX I think) for 350ish brand new. Sounds superb even with the factory heads. Also got a Sonor double pedal. Which is nice.

I've gotta say, I've always been pretty impressed playing Pacific kits. They must be the most usable sets you can get for that sort of money.

I've gotta say, I've always been pretty impressed playing Pacific kits. They must be the most usable sets you can get for that sort of money.

Absolutely. The one I got was ex-demo, but had barely been touched. Should have been 500ish I think, but even at that they are fantastic for the price.

Guest DustyDeviada
I just got a lap steel. Now all I need to do is learn how to play it...

Cool. Tell us more (what kind, where did you get it, what did it cost etc).

Guest DustyDeviada
Well, it was a birthday present, so I have no idea where it came from or how much it cost! It is a Harley Benton, if that helps. I feel it is going to take a bit of practice before I can get any good at it...

Been thinking of getting one for a while, but then I think I should really spend my time learning how to play some of the other intruments I have properly first, ie banjo, madolin, harmonica etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest DustyDeviada
I've just purchased a Maxon OD808 and a Marshall 1922 2x12... surely people are still buying new gear?

I have something on the way from America at the moment, but I better not post details until it's here.

But it's a vintage US made guitar with brazillian rosewood fretboard etc, a brand favoured by the likes of Jimmy Page. Mmm.

Guest DustyDeviada
danelectro?

(surely you're making it too obvious to be a les paul....)

You think I can afford a 60s Les Paul?!

Yeah, you're not far off the mark. But I really better not jinx the deal until it's here. In fact I probably won't be able to post about it until December - it's a present from the wife for my 30th birthday, and she has decreed that I'm not allowed to play it until the big day, even though it should arrive in the next few weeks. :down:

I have a few different doses of GAS currently:-

I want a Fender Jim Root Tele:- 839 RRP for mahogany body and neck + maple board. Black finish, white plate, EMGs.

Gibby Les Paul Custom. Either a regular LPC with gold hardware or a Custom Shop 1968RI with aged nickel! :up:

Aswell as those I've been drawing up plans for a jewel green flame/quilt topped ESP King V with gold hardware too! :D

I have a few different doses of GAS currently:-

I want a Fender Jim Root Tele:- 839 RRP for mahogany body and neck + maple board. Black finish, white plate, EMGs.

Gibby Les Paul Custom. Either a regular LPC with gold hardware or a Custom Shop 1968RI with aged nickel! :up:

Aswell as those I've been drawing up plans for a jewel green flame/quilt topped ESP King V with gold hardware too! :D

How fantastic - that post wasn't intended for this thread atall, nor this messageboard. :popcorn:

Multiple messageboard windows open = lose! :|

Guest DustyDeviada

Didn't notice, thought it fitted in quite well with this thread, not like you posted it in the thread about the Simpson movie or something.

Oh and I checked out the Jim Root Tele, pretty cool, although it's always great when you get a root.