aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

If you use as much pedals as that, would it not be better to have a Multi FX. Yes I know all the stuff about single pedals being better that MFX, but in a chain like that, there must be some loss in quality, which surely must then = out the advantage. How can you switch all the one you need on at one time, for a solo for example. My board is:

TU2

Budda Wah

Hot Cake

Jekyll & Hyde Ulimate overdrive

RV3

TBH I find that hard enough at times;(

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Got some new sticks earlier in the year. As a result of working full time for reasonably good money though, I can't afford hundreds of pounds' worth of gear. I hope this year to repair my 60s snare (or possibly get a cheap Taiwanese steel Ludwig, played one a few years ago and really liked it for the hundred bucks it cost), and pick up a couple of 2nd hand pedals (Sovtek Big Muff, ProCo Rat, and either a WEM Copicat or something similar) maybe a cheap bass (best 2nd hand buys for under 100? I know nothing of bargain basses). My ride cymbal is also now basically in pieces, so I need something to replace it once I can afford it (22" or 24" Zildjian of some sort). I could also do with getting my hands on some proper monitors for mixing at home.

Guest DustyDeviada
new Les Paul Standard for the collection this past weekend.

Beautiful guitar and has a real nice flame.

Pics to follow

Lets see those pics, pronto!

Guest Gasss

Compression/Sustainer (again, open to recommendations)

I would recommend the Robert Keeley Compressor for the job. Like the MXR Dynacomp, its a Ross Compressor clone but compared to my old Dunlop RI Dynacomp the difference is like night and day - more transparent with much less noise. You can really pump the sustain without it sounding so obviously "compressed". I got it for about 120 inc delivery from the Keeley eBay US store.

On order:

Vox Cooltron Over The Top Boost (AC30 style treble boost)

Currently GAS'ing for:

closed back JMI Vox AC30 2x12 speaker cab with blue speakers on eBay

Xotic BB preamp

Gordon Smith GS1 singlecut with one P90

Very nice Lester, congrats! Where did you buy it from?

Diesel, I have a Boss CS-3 that I don't use, would part with it for 35, interested?

bought it from brucies - jamie gave me a good deal, hell o a nice guy he is.

I have a boss cs-3 mod instruction sheet Diesel if you need one - i modded my cs-3 and it sounds real good

real simple to do and it makes a hell of a difference

bought it from brucies - jamie gave me a good deal, hell o a nice guy he is.

Jamie's a prince - in fact, if he was a burd, he'd be getting shagged for being so helpful. Gave me a good deal on my first Lester and everything else I've bought there.

Willie's a helpful guy as well.

I have a boss cs-3 mod instruction sheet Diesel if you need one - i modded my cs-3 and it sounds real good

real simple to do and it makes a hell of a difference

Cool. I'll have a think - although I can get a new one for 39 Dusty ;)