aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

Guest DustyDeviada
I just bought an Orville Les Paul Standard. Orville were made by Gibson in Japan with the same stuff that the Gibson USA models were made with but were only made for the Japanese market.

It's coming all the way from Japan and should be here next week. Here's a picture

Cool, did you get it on ebay?

I got a digital 8 track from Santa. I still don't know how to use 90% of it, but I can record with it at the moment...

It wasn't a Fostex digi 8 track was it? Unfortunatley they are a piece of shit, i know of three peoples Fostex's that have crashed forever. The Master board has a design flaw and it fails after about two years, it's quite a well known failure in the fostex repertiore. My Fostex failed and it costs 300 to replace the faulty master board, literally the cast of the whole bloody 8-track!!!

Fuck Fostex!

It wasn't a Fostex digi 8 track was it? Unfortunatley they are a piece of shit, i know of three peoples Fostex's that have crashed forever. The Master board has a design flaw and it fails after about two years, it's quite a well known failure in the fostex repertiore. My Fostex failed and it costs 300 to replace the faulty master board, literally the cast of the whole bloody 8-track!!!

Fuck Fostex!

Nah, it's a Tascam FP-01 that I've got. Fostex are shite... ;)

I've got a DLS Echo Tap coming in the post.

It's an analog sounding digital delay with 2 delays - one you set on the front, one is tap tempo. I need tap tempo.

I'm gonna get new leads for my board and for guitar and amp.

I recently got the EH Pedal Gig Bag - it's pretty awesome, I'm very happy.

I'm gonna get a second Matamp 2x12 cab to give me the full (mini) stack. I'll get the straight one as I already have angled. Get some greenbacks in there.

Then I can also use it along with my Crate Powerblock for a Wet/Dry rig.

Been eyeing up an LTD EC-1000 vintage black too, but doubt it'll happen.

Still waiting for my free MOSS expansion board to arrive from Korg.

MOSS is an expansion board for the korg triton keyboard which emulates analogue synths. It was given away free as an offer to encourage people to buy Triton Extremes and also becuase it is rumoured that Korg are going to make another virtual analogue to take the place of the MOSS.

Yeah sure did, got it for 350 + shipping from Japan. Should be here this weekend sometime I think, but I'll be in Aberdeen playing a gig. Nevermind, I can get it on Monday. Wonder how much tax i'll get charged on it

i got 148 taz on a super heavy mesa 400+ from usa, try convince em its a gift!!! i dont matter anyway, i got a fantastic amp at a great price. T.O.N.E

say it aint so

Don't rag on them too much. It's a good wee amp. I mean, it's not gonna replace the Matamp, but for gigging it makes a handy thing to take with you cos it's so light. If the Matamp goes down, I might not have time to fix it.

I've also found that the Crate is a much tighter amp, so when it's blended in with the Matamp, the 2 tones together make a good heavy rock/metal sound. Lots of metallers play SS amps.

It's also a *very* surprisingly good bass head.

Surely not...!?!

As far as I know, The Mill uses Mark of The Unicorn A/D converters. RME are widely concidered to be of a comparible quality, possibly even better in some cases.

RME - Intelligent Audio Solutions

As for other gear, have some of it, working on other parts.

Wont be able to afford super fancy microphones but trying to build up a collection still. I don't know what else The Mill has. I couldn't find a website.

. Lots of metallers play SS amps.

this fills me with absolutely no confidence. the amount of metal bands i have seen with fizzy sound and no power is enough to make me weep

i really cant see how you manage to get something good out of that amp, the only thing in its favour (in my eyes) is the light and stick it in yer backpack thing. other than that it offers nothing for me. these days id rather not play a gig than play with a load of solid state amps.