aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

i just inherited a mint condition sound city 120 amplifier. the thing is beautiful.

fucking brilliant.

im absolutely delighted. hand wired valve amplifier for less than the price of most of the line 6 + crate models etc

bargain

the thing is really in brilliant nick

Cheap as chips Bargain Hunters. :)

Nice find.

When I use it as along with the Matamp in a wet/dry setup, the signal it's getting is from the FX loop, so it's using the Matamp's pre-amp section. It's basically a clean power amp then. It helps tighten up the sound, cos the Matamp has 4 output valves running full tilt - pretty saggy response.

hey, that's like Bob Mould's guitar rig with overdriven tube amps for saggy mid and Roland JC120s through 4x12s for tight low end. Sorta like bi-amping. What kind of mix do you use between the two amps?

hey, that's like Bob Mould's guitar rig with overdriven tube amps for saggy mid and Roland JC120s through 4x12s for tight low end. Sorta like bi-amping. What kind of mix do you use between the two amps?

Probably about 70% Matamp, 30% Crate.

I run the Crate with less gain too, just on an overdrive seeting. My footswitch for more gain controls a setting on the Matamp that leaves the crate un-affected. I do have an SD-1 as clean boost up front that works on both though.

It's only if I can be arsed though. i mostly just play a regular rig.

2007 has been (so far) a good year for additions to the Flossie Music Room (although Mrs Flossie is putting her foot down and forbidding any more purchases until I move into the loft, excepting a harp).

This year I have acquired

1 clay ocarina

2 antique fiddles

1 antique single row melodeon

1 set of boomwhackers (accidentals only)

and am awaiting delivery of

1 xaphoon

1 solid electic twin pickup electric mandolin

and yesterday I bought from a charity shop, for the princely sum of 9, an electo-classical guitar (with no soundhole!?!) - done some research and apparently it's a "convertible" guitar - the bridge can be changed from nylon to steelstrung - if you have the bridge, which I don't.

So I'm quite pleased.

Regards

Flossie

• 5 weeks later...
which one, the programmable one with three options or the one?

either way, the tech 21 stuff is nice

i got the triamp bass drvier, its fucking sweet

im becoming disappointed with mine now...i find the overdrive just a little to crispy and it always colours the signal too much i mean, i dunno, its meant to emulate tube amp systems, but it doesnt do it THAT well...i dunno...I'm on the look out for something better now maxi...get this crazy idea...

I'm thinking about getting a Genz Benz GBE1200 head and Bi-Amping it to have the tone of 2 different amps at once...expensive, but worth it you will agree...

Here is the beauty here...

?fa=detail&mid=1839&sid=422&cid=95#

dunno like, ive been using my tri amp to total success, but i use it as mainly a driver ratehr than a distortion, which isnt the best.

that amp looks sweet, lots of options available with it, but you do know you could get MATAMP to build you a dual tone/channel ampflifier to pretty much any standard and spec you want...quality tone, huge power, far cheaper and less luggage

Matamp Official Website

you say, they build. sheer excellence

I went fucking crazy with money and made my dad buy me some shit while he still lives in USA when the dollar is low and his money isnt mine! haha.

I got a DD6 for vocals, a blue box for guitar/vocals and a hotrail for my 'strat'.

At the end of the year i got my ass a Sovtek Mig100, talk about true power, holy no ears left.