aberdeen-music

The Killers - A.E.C.C 21/02/07

rowan

• 3 months later...

well, decent enough gig last night - worth 30 for me, but I don't think i'd have paid tout prices for it. Third time i'd seen Killers and fourth i'd seen BRMC anyway.

Thought BRMC went down pretty well - wasn't really sure what reaction they'd get but people seemed to appreciate them. best stuff was the first album songs - Red Eyes & Tears, Love Burns and an awesome Whatever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll (Punk Song) to close the set. Will be brilliant at King Tuts next month without a doubt.

Wasn't sure how The Killers would be, to be honest. The last time I saw them, TITP '05, I thought Brandon looked a bit overwhelmed but I now think that's just how he is. Stage show was ok - not quite up to Muse's standard there in November but loads better than some bands I've seen in there. Best stuff, again, was the first album songs - Brightside, Somebody, Jenny, Smile. Only complaint is that they seemed to play too much of them back-to-back early in the set. Not too keen on the new album - I prefer them as New Order rather than Springsteen - so a few of the album tracks dragged a bit in my opinion.

Not sure about the Joy Division cover either - "shadowplay". Head and shoulders over a few of Sam's Town's track but Brandon ain't Ian Curtis!

Still, quite enjoyed the night - didn't seem to be as much of the "ned element" in the crowd as some AECC gigs & I didn't have to spend an hour getting out of the car park like I did at Muse!

And can someone confiscate phones & cameras at the door? I swear that the four girls in front me watched, and subsequently recorded, the entire gig with them. I know they were only 5'1" in their high heels but I'd be a pit peeved at paying good money to watch a band though a tiny Nokia screen!

It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Every time I've watched them live on telly they've been shit, but Brandon must have been working on his voice 'cause it was spot on last night. Have to say I actually prefer the Sam's Town (or Springsteen) moments, they're just better songs to me. But the Hot Fuss stuff is still better for a jump around.

Felt sorry for the people at the back last night, why can't all bands be like Muse and take massive screens with them?

Oh and the ned contingent seemed pretty low last night so it get's more plus points for that. Negative points for the fucking car park though.

There were a few neds in front us who talked through the whole f*king gig. Not only that they must have recorded every bloody song on their camera phones! Why do people bother?

On top of that they constantly lit up - kudos to the Rock Steady security staff that watched them happily puff away throughout the gig.:swearing:

To make matters worse a gaggle of 15 year old girls were behind us and screeched 'Brandon I want your babies' amid screams throughout.

Pure Bliss

Despite all that I thought the Killers were pretty damn good (barr the cover). First time i'd seen BRMC and I thought they were alright, a bit subdued but then I can't really understand why they're supporting the Killers. Seems a bit chalk and cheese and I wonder if they were coerced into supporting them by their record company.

My second killers gig and tbh it was better than my first @ reading 05, which was main-staged. Got my ticket for nithin for my birthday and reckon it was the better present oot of gettin to see forward russia and the fantastic menwomen&children on monday. Missed BRMC though. I wuda liked to have seen them, but booze kinda got in the way.

Verdict: goes a quite a way to wipin oot the memory/embarrassment of payin money for, and bein at the Ian Broon gig. Though I am scarred for life.

Chris, Chris, Chris.... if you have any sense you'll park up beside Strikers accross the road, thus avoiding the nightmare that is the exhibition centre carpark.

Yeah that's what my mate said. Oh well. Last time we got out quickly, but we were right by the rear exit. This time we were in the main queue, or at least we were until we realised the rear queue had disappeared while we had yet to move.

Yeah that's what my mate said. Oh well. Last time we got out quickly, but we were right by the rear exit. This time we were in the main queue, or at least we were until we realised the rear queue had disappeared while we had yet to move.

Yeah, it seems to be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes you get straight out, other times stuck there for ages. All part of the exhibition centre experience I guess.