aberdeen-music

Liquid

Guest Bob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had a good night there, for various reasons, so I guess I'm biased against it. As a gross generalisation of course, I always seem to bump into lots of orange skinned, huge breasted, white haired girls in tiny skirts who don't leave enough to the imagination, and the people I hated at school. I object to how much you pay to get in, particularly at weekends, and I don't like having to queue!

However, the music can be ok, and they do quite good cheap drinks from time. But I wouldn't go there unless forced. Moshulu all the way.

Guest Les Stroszek
its crap i hate liquid. it's too bright inside so everyone can see you dancing like a knob

Is that Boyd I hate Boyd? And Max. Both dicks. And Steff boring! More Harold and Stefan Dennis please!

guess ' date=' I always seem to bump into lots of orange skinned, huge breasted, white haired girls in tiny skirts who don't leave enough .[/quote']

Ah the stereotypical Aberdonian Nedlady with 2-tone skin. Tanned shoulders and white legs and a Mitchelin spare tyre which, for some strange reason, they flaunt!:up:

Liquid like the old Palace? What planet are you on?

The Palace was so much better because it had charme (yes with an e). You walked in and instantly had to climb over all the bodies in the foyer and 9 times out of 10 you'd know someone crashed out on the floor and you'd crash out there too all night.

If you sat around in Liquid some knuckle scraper would have you thrown out.

Liquid has the strangest 'We don't like the look of you so you ain't getting in' door policy I've ever encountered.

Liquid tries to be up-market. The Palace never needed to.

Liquid is full of Neds. The Palace just had sweaty grungy types and Metal heads. I know what I prefer.

A club's a club' date=' shouldn't really matter where you are, s'long as you're up for having a good time. Liquid's always busy and most folk in there are up for a laugh, I should probably go there more often.[/quote']

Unfortunately "having a laugh" usually entails having a punch up for the most bizarre reason ever afterwards.

I've never had a good night there' date=' for various reasons, so I guess I'm biased against it. As a gross generalisation of course, I always seem to bump into lots of orange skinned, huge breasted, white haired girls in tiny skirts who don't leave enough to the imagination, and the people I hated at school. I object to how much you pay to get in, particularly at weekends, and I don't like having to queue!

However, the music can be ok, and they do quite good cheap drinks from time. But I wouldn't go there unless forced. Moshulu all the way.[/quote']

what the fuck?big breasted orange girls bumping into you.PERFECT.Sounds like a good night to me.....

Liquids ok.Just ok.I always feel a bit mis placed there.But saying that i feel that way in every club i go to.Even moshulu now.

Liquid has the strangest 'We don't like the look of you so you ain't getting in' door policy I've ever encountered.

One time I tried to get into Liquid and the bouncer stopped me on account on the red trainers I was wearing. As I was standing arguing with him a guy wearing the exact same trainers walked up and got in.

A club's a club' date=' shouldn't really matter where you are, s'long as you're up for having a good time. Liquid's always busy and most folk in there are up for a laugh, I should probably go there more often.[/quote']

I'd rather go somewhere quiet, or with some sort of a soul, and not have to look at slags all night, or get guys with short-sleeved shirts giving me angry stares all night.

Maybe I'm just weird like that.

I used to hate liquid, and go in there with a I-don't-want-to-be-here-attitude and have a horrible time..

But a lot of my friends love it there so I've been going a few times lately, and I have had some good times. I think that you need to go as part of a group though, and not just two or three of you because the place is so bloody big!

Yes, there are slags/sluts/whores, BUT, newsflash, they get everywhere. Just like neds do, but the fact that a girl is wearing some stupid outfit should not affect the night you have.

It is stupidly expensive, though.

I think you can have a good night out anywhere as long as you are in the right mood and with people who's company you enjoy.