aberdeen-music

Why did you join aberdeen-music?

cutie claire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW long have you been a member of this website and why did you join?

I joined AUBL about 1000 years ago and just followed on the ABDN Music, I joined because my son formed a band and wanted me to manage them, I joined to find out about the local scene....

G...

i was alwys no the fudge/aubl bravenet boards pretty early in their existance after we played our first gig in aberdeen and then it moved on and on and here we are today. i started by searcing for bands who played in aberdeen and getting on to the purple munkie page which toonish maintained for them (anyone remember the fan page on that site? ;) ) and the TAR page and through those, i came to AUBL and Fudge and it's been spiralling out of control ever since!

/x

Joined March 2004 as I was looking around for some like minded people to start a band with. Being A) an old fart and B) a recent import into Aberdeen (and therefore not really up on "the scene") it seemed like a good place to start. So far have managed to find a fellow guitarist and a singer through this site ...and discovered that I know more than a few of the people lurking behind the avatars!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Baldy told me about the AUBL site when folk started pissing their knickers after the first Spike gig. "WTF was that about?" etc. The names change, but the incontinence doesn't.

i joined when aubl moved here. like feb 2002???

i can still remember what my first post was, i used the name "me" cause i was young and silly and it was about the photo at the top, asking who all was in it.

i signed up cause i started going to gigs and it was a fun way to meet people and join in on random converstations

I registered on the old blue AUBL board just before it turned into Aberdeen-Music. I think my first post was about my Scooby Doo Les Paul. That was aaaages ago. fuckin hell. Been here ever since really. Maybe i should revert to my old name so i can feel old school.

I remember the good old days of posts about jizz.... much fun. all these people have grown up a bit now... nothing beats a jizz joke