aberdeen-music

JUKEBOX

Flash@TMB

i wanna know what happened to the AUBL CD

and TOOL

there used to be some Tool in that jukebox...

:moody:

Tool got rotated with something of a similar ilk. One day some more Tool will reappear.

The AUBL CD was swapped out for an Exile Studio CD but Mark left I just Wanna Know off it so I threw it back in his face LOL.

I'm still waiting for 2-3 local bands to get together and burn their EPs onto a single CD. I have 3 slots reserved for this purposed but to date nobody has taken me up on this offer. There's also 1 slot reserved for our forthcoming Live at The Moorings Bar comp, so all in that's potentially 5% of the jukebox devoted to local acts. SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL WAITING FOR???

EDIT: forgot that we had Toxik Ephex in there for 2 years and just recently swapped them out for Pallas.

It would be cool to have some soul in the jukebox' date=' or silverchair! whadda ya say? :up:[/quote']

The man from Moorings he say "YES"!

We used to have Sam Cooke in there. I have some Marvin Gaye (greatest hits comp) and Steve Wonder (Innvervisions) waiting on standby. Any other recommendations on the soul front?

I'm guessing it should be possible to fit at least 3 complete EPs from different bands on a CD. That way we can accomodate at least 6 local bands EPs on the jukebox. On top of that we'll have 1 slot dedicated to a local band that obstensibly 'made it' such as Pallas or Toxik Ephex, a compilation CD from the likes of Exile or AUBL, and the Moorings Live CD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always suggest this , but FACE TO FACE - "Everything is Everything" comp album would be ace....The CD is diverse as you get in style (from Punk rock to heavier edged rock) ... and if the free DVD comes in region 2, we can do a swap as I got a region 1. Oh yeah and it has an awesome cover of "Tommy Gun" on it which outshines the Clash's whole career :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Other CD's which would encourage me to stop just putting on the 10 minute Green Day tracks would be

Jimi Hendix - Are you Experienced (best material, no 25 minute voodoo chile jams!)

Ramones - Anthology (the material on this is quite varied in style)

Transplants - s/t (this would sound fucking amazing at the moorings)

Refused - The shape of punk to come (see above)

• 2 weeks later...
I always suggest this ' date=' but FACE TO FACE - "Everything is Everything" comp album would be ace....The CD is diverse as you get in style (from Punk rock to heavier edged rock) ... and if the free DVD comes in region 2, we can do a swap as I got a region 1. Oh yeah and it has an awesome cover of "Tommy Gun" on it which outshines the Clash's whole career :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Other CD's which would encourage me to stop just putting on the 10 minute Green Day tracks would be

Jimi Hendix - Are you Experienced (best material, no 25 minute voodoo chile jams!)

Ramones - Anthology (the material on this is quite varied in style)

Transplants - s/t (this would sound fucking amazing at the moorings)

Refused - The shape of punk to come (see above)[/quote']

Have never been able to find Face To Face in One Up.