aberdeen-music

JUKEBOX

Flash@TMB

Originally posted by =ShaunF=:

come on. you have to have some Dylan on there!

some..'Blonde on Blonde' perhaps.

and good call with The Clash live album. that album is fab. :up:

how about some of The Buzzcocks? 'Singles Going Steady' would be a very very nice choice.

We'll keep Dylan in mind for next time. Buzzcocks we will certainly do at some point. My only issue with the Clash live album is no Tommy Gun.

Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

We'll keep Dylan in mind for next time. Buzzcocks we will certainly do at some point. My only issue with the Clash live album is no Tommy Gun.

smashing.

it also is a shame about 'Tommy Gun' not being on the live album. but it does have fab versions of '(White Man) In Mammersmith Palais' and 'Train In Vain'.

Check out the FACE TO FACE album "Everything is Everything" which is a comp of all their albums ('92-2000) and has a fucking awesome cover of "Tommy Gun" which pisses all over the original by a long shot!!!! Also a great cover of the Jam's "That's entertainment".....bung it in, its a winner!!! :D:D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000646FT/qid=1083099360/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_11_5/202-5938355-2525422

Originally posted by Keilan 303:

Check out the FACE TO FACE album "Everything is Everything" which is a comp of all their albums ('92-2000) and has a fucking awesome cover of "Tommy Gun" which pisses all over the original by a long shot!!!! Also a great cover of the Jam's "That's entertainment".....bung it in, its a winner!!! :D:D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000646FT/qid=1083099360/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_11_5/202-5938355-2525422

that sounds incredible! thanks for that. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by psydoll:

You realise I'm going to plague you with 'Gay Bar' until you take it out right? ;)

I'm not there during the week... PLUS that song will serve to keep out Non Educated unDesirable Zero tolerants. So please play this as often as possible.

Sometimes late at night, usually when Simon is behind the bar, a sailor will enter and nervously approach the counter to enquire "Excuse me, but is this place a gay bar?"

To which we reply "Sorry mate, the place you are looking for is round the corner."

I'm not there during the week... PLUS that song will serve to keep out Non Educated unDesirable Zero tolerants. So please play this as often as possible.

I dunno they seem pretty fond of it despite the content and the fact that if anyone seems remotely gay on Belmont Street they've got a 70% chance of getting punched from some random ?(

Originally posted by psydoll:

I dunno they seem pretty fond of it despite the content and the fact that if anyone seems remotely gay on Belmont Street they've got a 70% chance of getting punched from some random ?(

The flip side is were someone remotely neddy (a mouth breather for instance) to enter the bar, then they'd have a 99% chance of modelling some blue circle jeans at the bottom of the harbour. So once you factor in the increased traffic in the Belmont area plus intelligence and the herding instinct the odds for ned survival are slightly worse than they are for most minorities...

...mind you I forgot to adjust for speed of reproduction. Shit, now the figures look scary. The situation is hopeless. We're all doomed. Perhaps if we wander round wearing Burburry, breathing through our mouths and saying "fuckin shut it Kylie" we'd gain 10 years at best - but would theybe worth living. Err nope.

Mind you there is always the possiblity of a ned specific form of miximotosis.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimately we plan to devote 5 slots to local bands. Right now we have AKA The Fox and an AUBL promo compilation. Inept 303 are to be added in the next few days. I'm hoping to get a copy of Real Shocks album if they ever finish it. Contra are launching their new album at the bar so this will also enter the jukebox for a period. We'll rotate new local band albums in and out on a regulkar basis.

What I'd like is permission to combine multiple local band albums and EPs from different acts together on the same CD, thus taking full advatage of the 79min capacity. This way we can store the works of 10-20 local acts in the 5 slots.

Alternatively local bands could get together and supply me with CDs combining the works of several acts, these would be VERY attractive since it's less work for me so please get burning!