aberdeen-music

New comedy - I.T. Crowd

Neil

The first episode of a new Channel 4 comedy called the I.T. Crowd (yep, it's a sitcom about a bunch of geeks at work) is available to watch exclusively online (it doesn't air till next week) over here: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/

The series is written by Graham Linehan (bloke behind Father Ted and Black Books) and even Chris Morris has a small acting role in the series as the big boss. On paper it should be good but I found this first episode to be a little disappointing. Watch it for yourselves and see what you think...

I saw Morris in the Advert and just about peed my thong. I'm sure this is another cool thing that C4 are airing on a friday night... Pointless.

that would have been exactly the same time I went "...ooooh! morris!"

I'll have to have a look at that trailer...I hope it isn't shit...

I'm hoping it's going to be like dark place...I need to get that on DVD or summat....

The initial trailer was a bit OTT.....but having watched the preview on Friday its a bit more light hearted than I thought...it's still pretty shit though.

Thankfully its not like the real thing, that could possibly beat watching Big Brother live when everyone is sleeping as the most pointless television ever.

The female looking guy from The mighty boosh makes some cameos towards the end of the season as the 4th IT guy.

I'm hoping it's going to be like dark place...I need to get that on DVD or summat....

I bought a copy on ebay and the quality is pretty good, even though its recorded straight from E4. Its a just a shame they never released the series officially. I was reading somewhere that channel 4 said they wouldn't air another series however they are going to release a film in conjunction with someother people, which just has to be amazing (on a budget of 10).

Lucien Sanchez over and out

Guest onlynik
I thought it was pretty good. Certainly made me laugh a lot more than that Hyperdrive pish I watched last night.

The IT criwd - Some funny moments which I could relate to. best thing, abiltiy to watch it when you want before it airs on TV.

Hyperdrive I guess is just an excuse to use old Red dwarf and Blakes 7 sets. Christ its pitiful.

Chris Morris is great, particaularly in the second episode..."Nice screensaver!"

Can't stand the woman, her voice reminds me of Waynetta Slob...and the Irish bloke over does the stupid accent a lot, Richard Ayoade is good aswell though....don't think he overplays it at all (I mean its supposed to be pathtically OTT I think) only he would remember the new 999 number :D