aberdeen-music

Best Performance By An Aberdeen Band

Time Machine

Maple Album Launch 04 no doubt :band:

thanks so much for that, that means a lot to me! (and no doubt the boys up the road too!).

that was a great night LP launches are always a bit special, nes pas ?

I think the best gig by an aberdeen band I've seen would have to be...hmmm....

the dawntreaders at the radio Scotland show in Duthie park (excellent vibe at that gig).

or....

Atom Flask - anywhere, they were always great, where ever they played.

it's quite hard actually, so many good gigs where I've been "wowed" by a deen band. (plenty where I've looked at my watch too... ho ho)

I still want to know when the Stacato set are going to release something proper (jim promised me a CDr once...boo hoo...)

atomflask whenever they were allowed to use their own lights were always awesome. eric euan at cresser's last gig was great fun. nero at the t-break heat was jaw droppingly good. any sidca gig in drakes. lift, pheno and maple in glasgow. copy haho at tunnels. must be loads more worth mentioning as well.

Guest Mr Blastcap

killswitch supporting the familiar at drakes ages ago.

loveless at the little school hill union ages ago.

project ven hell pissing over mercury tilt switch at snafu.

bonesaw at drakes doing a repulsion cover.

bonesaw at drakes doing a repulsion cover.
agreed.

also, Bodies at Drakes when all the other bands pulled out but drakes was packed anyway.

Project:Ven-Hell at Captain Toms

The Band From U.N.C.L.E. at The Tunnels with The Texas Motherfuckers

Seven Stone Under @ Moorings, think it was the first gig after the new stage was built

thanks so much for that' date=' that means a lot to me! (and no doubt the boys up the road too!).

that was a great night LP launches are always a bit special, nes pas ?

I think the best gig by an aberdeen band I've seen would have to be...hmmm....

the dawntreaders at the radio Scotland show in Duthie park (excellent vibe at that gig).

or....

Atom Flask - anywhere, they were always great, where ever they played.

it's quite hard actually, so many good gigs where I've been "wowed" by a deen band. (plenty where I've looked at my watch too... ho ho)

I still want to know when the Stacato set are going to release something proper (jim promised me a CDr once...boo hoo...)[/quote']

You can have a cd anytime, but will be able to get one in 1up this week. We are about to start recording very soon and should have a new ep in a few months. I ain't got a scooby on a best performance by a local band. There have been many though!

J

I think the gig ive been most impressed by, through self confidence and talent to back it up, was the liber8 'this is not an exit' launch gig. Ive never an aberdeen band give so much, play so tight, or entertain me more than i did that night.

Brilliant gig, although wbl were almost equally as brilliant.......

Guest pop-notmyface

Alyssa's Wish at Cafe Drummonds.

closely followed by Alyssa's Wish at the Bandwidth Benefit Festival.

and...uh....Alyssa's Wish.

and any gigs where K.M.S. was present. he was the pit.

• 3 weeks later...

Dos Dedos, playing at their own funeral wake in Drakes was absolutely mind blowing.

OK I might be slight biased, because I was playing in Dos Dedos at the time.... but I remember it being a fucking stormer. Drakes was absolutely packed to the rafters and people were being turned away, and we played a blinder.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: