aberdeen-music

Whats you #1 most favourite song?

empty-words

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
Decades indeed' date=' the ultimate Joy Division song, in every sense of the word[/quote']

That is one amazing piece of music, I remember my first and only listen, it's haunted me I tell thee!!!

Edited due to lies... Hmm, I listened to it a few times in a row actually, but haven't heard it since. :O

I can limit to like one song per band, not ONE song though!...

Metallica - Blackened

Slayer - Angel Of Death

Cannibal Corpse - Frantic Disembowelment

Machine Head - Imperium

Vader - Out Of The Deep

Black Label Society - Destruction Overdrive

Pantera - Fucking Hostile

Megadeth - Holy Wars

Slipknot - The Heretic Anthem

I think if I had to cut that down though, I'd be left with Blackened and Angel Of Death.

Guest pop-notmyface

my favourite song of all time changes constantly honey, but for the last year, i've been listening to Speakers Push The Air (PGMG) the most.

Guest bluesxman
Decades indeed' date=' the ultimate Joy Division song, in every sense of the word[/quote']

you can't beat Shadowplay for me, first Joy Division song I ever heard on some Punk anniversary thing on Channel 4 and still my fave - closely followed by New Dawn Fades and Dead Souls.

Noticed quite a few mentions of 'Ceremony' by New Order. Great tune! Am I right in saying that Ian Curtis penned this' date=' or was this solely New Order's? Think it was the former.[/quote']

New Order had some ace tunes that were more than likely derived from 'in-progress' Joy Div tunes right up to Everythings Gone Green (My personal fave NO track). It sounds like the whole of Movement (best suicide soundtrack album of all time) was written under the Joy Division brand name to me, although I dont know, but it sounds more like the mood of JD than NO. Im sure someone who has a book about it will put me right.

Why are New Order so shit now?