aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
martinduthie

Blink 182 or Green Day?

They are both fantastic and successful bands in my opinion and i love them both.. but i thought it would be interesting to see what other people think of them.. and whos more successful..

so Blink 182 or Green Day?

:band:

Both utter piles of wank IMO, overrated to the extreme. I couldn't see a band like that in a massive arena with a novelty stage show and call it good punk rock.

i don't see why the two are always compared.

Green Day helped shape the East Bay scene and still help out bands from the area. Billie Joe and Mike Dirnt also play in smaller bands, such as Pinhead Gunpowder (B-J) and The Frustrators (Mike). all the money made from their Lookout! releases is kept by the label, so you could say that Green Day have paid their dues.

Blink don't really do that, but then they're a different kettle of fish. Dude Ranch is a pretty good album tho.

Green Day. No contest. One are the influences, the other are the influenced.

Interestingly enough, Blink 182 have been at it for 13 years now....any current bands you think will still be around in 13 years time? I'd put a wager on it!

greenday, simply because i used to listen to insomniac non stop.

but i cringe at their stuff now, urgh

its memory music

as for blink182 :down:

boobies out

I know this is shocking but id have to say Blink-182 because ive liked them since the start of my music life. Althow Green day are really ace possibly only 51% to blink and 49% to green day

well i like both. but probably prefer blink 182 even though they have some shitty songs, but i seem to enjoy listening to them more, but not the shitty songs. green day are what the crankys would call fandabedozy though.

Green Day

Listen to

'1069/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours' which is probably their best release and 'Dookie' and you will see why.

Both utter piles of wank IMO' date=' overrated to the extreme. I couldn't see a band like that in a massive arena with a novelty stage show and call it good punk rock.[/quote']

Theres always one........

Theres always one........

Indeed there is, wank wank wank :rolleyes:

They are really rubbish. If I want to see a half decent stage performance with crap props i'll go and see the Flaming Lips, thank you very much.

Blink 182 all the way - The first band i got into properly and i listened to Enema for a year and half non-stop. They've progressed and i love every one of their albums.

Saw them live this year finally and it was awesome - one of the best times of my life :)

Although i'd say greenday have had more commercial success!