aberdeen-music

Blink 182 or Green Day?

martinduthie

green day..hands down...never written a bad song really..blink do have a good few duffers

Hmmmm, I would say that I prefer Green Day, but I'm not sure about that comment. I mean, Warning was decidedly pish. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a MASSIVE Green Day fan, seen them 3 times, got all their releases, some rare vinyl blah blah blah.

As for 'success', well that's a somewhat contentious point I think. I mean after all, what is 'success'? How do you define it? Is a really underground band that make just enough to survive and are totally happy any less 'successful' than The Rolling Stones, for example, who seem to play the greatest hits set just to stop boredom?

Did I read too much into this one?!

boobies

yeh green day are so so so good....but sorry i have to go with blink here...i mean OLD blink, none of this detuned, serious nonsense, what happened to the days of boobies....

think about it, it';s so so real ''fell in love with the girl at the rock show, she said what and i told her that i didnt know'' - how true!?!?

incidently, has anyone heard ''the network''? illegadly bj's new band....pretty cool. kinda funk techno poo. all good tho. gotta have the variety.

vive las boobies hombres

this thread got me into the mood for punk rock, coupled with seeing green day a couple of weeks back in the SECC.

i think american idiot's their best album since dookie. fantastic record. nimrod and insomniac had their moments - warning had a couple of kickass songs too and is pretty under-rated in my opinion. that said...the band only ever perform Minority live any more, seem to have ditched the rest of the album for the live situation.

my fave green day songs are 2000 Light Years Away, Basket Case, Disappearing Boy and J.A.R....and i like the rest of them a lot too but they're the definite favourites.

Blink 182 have a couple of great songs - The Rock Show, Dammit, and Dumpweed being my faves. off the new album theres some fucking crackers of songs (always, down, and feeling this are faves), but also some reeeeaaally strange ones (Fallen Interlude - huh?!) but its a great album nonetheless and probably their finest work to date in my opinion - not that im totally disconcerning Enema of the State or TOYPAJ.

in terms of the live situation -i saw blink in december at the SECC, i really enjoyed it, always good seeing one of my favourite bands of all time (maybe except the slight mauling they gave The Rock Show).....but green day were much better i felt. billie joe's a true showman and the stage show/interaction/everything was spot on and made it probably the best concert i've been to - and before anyone has a go about that - its my opinion and i dont really care.

anyone like The Offspring?

Hmmmm' date=' I would say that I prefer Green Day, but I'm not sure about that comment. I mean, Warning was decidedly pish. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a MASSIVE Green Day fan, seen them 3 times, got all their releases, some rare vinyl blah blah blah.

As for 'success', well that's a somewhat contentious point I think. I mean after all, what is 'success'? How do you define it? Is a really underground band that make just enough to survive and are totally happy any less 'successful' than The Rolling Stones, for example, who seem to play the greatest hits set just to stop boredom?

Did I read too much into this one?![/quote']

How can you call Warning pish? ;( The title track is a classic, as is Waiting (my best green day song period), Minority is good when you haven't heard it for a while, blood sex and booze rocks, Church on Sunday, Fashion Victim, Castaway, Jackass rocks aswell (in a cool laid back way) and Macy's Day Parade ends it nicely (although thats a weak track....and sounds too much like The Verve!) . Ok, a couple of stinkers...Misery, Hold On is a bit too mellow, Deadbeat Holiday sounds too much like "No Pride"....but other than that....:up::up::D I think Kerplunk has the most skipable songs (mostly due to Green Daze killing those songs for me)

I think Kerplunk has the most skipable songs

What what WHAT?!!!!

Dude, the best Green Day songs are all on that record. 200 Light Years Away, One of My Lies, Android and best of all Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?. Take off the last couple of tracks, give the rest Dookie style production and you've got the best record Green Day ever made!

How can you call Warning pish? ;( The title track is a classic' date=' as is Waiting (my best green day song period), Minority is good when you haven't heard it for a while, blood sex and booze rocks, Church on Sunday, Fashion Victim, Castaway, Jackass rocks aswell (in a cool laid back way) and Macy's Day Parade ends it nicely (although thats a weak track....and sounds too much like The Verve!) . Ok, a couple of stinkers...Misery, Hold On is a bit too mellow, Deadbeat Holiday sounds too much like "No Pride"....but other than that....:up::up::D I think Kerplunk has the most skipable songs (mostly due to Green Daze killing those songs for me)[/quote']

Good to see someone stick up for warning! :cheers:

Like i said listen to their first album: 1039/smoothed slappy hours you will love it! Its back in the day when Green Day were more of a punk rock band than a pop rock band(don't care how you interpret(sp) this its true).

They are both fantastic and successful bands in my opinion and i love them both.. but i thought it would be interesting to see what other people think of them.. and whos more successful..

so Blink 182 or Green Day?

:band:

blink182 are just like a copy of green day,and they don't have a song to tiouch the best ones that greenday have like good riddance time of your life and like every song off dookie.warning wasnt too good but american idiot is totally fantastic and a true return to form by an amazing band! :rockon:

i cant wait to see where the bnext album takes us!its goin to be fantastic im sure.

yeah that was a bit silly they sound nothing a like.

Anyway im not sure on this one, i love blink old and new they have always had the ability to write catchy pop punk tunes and for me Enema is the perfect pop punk album.

However Greenday are without a doubt one of the best punk bands of my time, maybe ever insomniac does it for me the most that is their best work i think ever.

I cant really say if i like one more than the other as both are completely different and have their own sound i think. i love both as much as each other.