aberdeen-music

Local bands YOU should check out this year!!

Alkaline

1. Reasons Are Red- heard nothing but good stuff said about these guys, always worth checking out Kris's new stuff.

2. My Minds Weapon- yeah, yeah, yeah.... i didn't say new bands specifically go check 'em out, submit to the hype!

3. The X-Certs- go for it. Amazingly catchy tunes from that kid and his boys.

4. From Her Ashes- oooooh, can't let my band slip through without a mention. line-up sorted, songs taking shape. smell the fear people. smell the fear.

5. Stayover- pop punk at its finest.

:D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from her ashes

1. Reasons Are Red- heard nothing but good stuff said about these guys' date=' always worth checking out Kris's new stuff.

2. My Minds Weapon- yeah, yeah, yeah.... i didn't say new bands specifically go check 'em out, submit to the hype!

4. From Her Ashes- oooooh, can't let my band slip through without a mention. line-up sorted, songs taking shape. smell the fear people. smell the fear.

:D[/quote']

whats from her ashes like? fancy playin with the legacy (straight edge hardcore from sheffield), the fight back (fast, hc from falkirk) and by my hands (glasgow beatdown crew) on 12th march...provided your a hc band that is. let me know! cheers

Kirk

I can only comment on the bands i work with so...

Baby Karma - Emma Forman, Hog, and several others make this a pop/rock act to watch out for.

Jo McCafferty - not a band but still worth watching out for, 10 dates with Midge Ure and counting, cementing her reputation as probably the most successfull local act, although she's not based up here anymore.

Cheers

Stuart

1. Reasons Are Red- heard nothing but good stuff said about these guys' date=' always worth checking out Kris's new stuff.

So basically - a' yer bezzies... :D

Guest stuartmaxwell

reasons are red

project ven hell

sidca will be back with a new drummer hopefully

small enclosed area will be back with a new set

could be the year that politik become an established scottish band

if deadloss pull their finger out

hookers have an album (although i aint actually seen em) out and are one band who are already established as one of the top acts in scotland by some

kathryn sawers (what do you mean she isnt famous yet?)

staccato set

who said there wasnt a scene in aberdeen :D

id say.........

1. the usauls

2. the fusion

3. dedalus ( i know they are locally big but...)

4. open air

5. chuckle berry pie (dont really exist anymore)

Oh and SEA are fae Elgin :rockon:

Half true, me and Blair have lived in Aberdeen long enough to gain Aberdeen citizenship, bit like Nigel Quashie playing for Scotland despite being English, hence why we're in the best rock category at Fudge awards, and not best international act. But we were indeed Elgin born and raised

I'boy Watson played with them at the lock up the other night' date=' but it could hardly be regarded as "Kris's new stuff" seeing as he didn't write it...[/quote']

Shut it Sam, no doubt he'll be writing stuff with them you tit, that's wot i meant. Is your middle name pedantic or are you just some sort of post wank annoyance!!

Guest Cowboy Dan
Shut it Sam' date=' no doubt he'll be writing stuff with them you tit, that's wot i meant. Is your middle name pedantic or are you just some sort of post wank annoyance!!

Uh, I was just trying to make it clear for Graeme.

What the fuck is a "post wank annoyance"? Someone who wanks then annoys people?

And my middle name is Ian.

Uh' date=' I was just trying to make it clear for Graeme.

What the fuck is a "post wank annoyance"? Someone who wanks then annoys people?

And my middle name is Ian.[/quote']

Its that bit of cum that you find on your trousers well after wanking so its all crusty and really stubborn in the getting rid of stakes.

I think you're pretty funny really dude!!

Half true' date=' me and Blair have lived in Aberdeen long enough to gain Aberdeen citizenship, bit like Nigel Quashie playing for Scotland despite being English, hence why we're in the best rock category at Fudge awards, and not best international act. But we were indeed Elgin born and raised[/quote']

Low aspirations then