aberdeen-music

Henry Rollins

rune

This man was once a real musician but now i regard him as a totaly washed up hollywood bastard. I mean how can you go from being one the best punk outfits ever to hosting some piece of shit monster truck program. He has totally lost his morals in exchange for $$$

Even when he went on the black flag re-union tour he sounded so washed up and not a patch on his early black flag days. When he sang he sounded like some talk show host with no passion into what he was doing. He obviously got well payed for that tour.

Having most of the rollins bands cds, i have now dissowned him as i feel he has no credibillity whatsoever

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allsystemsfail
Oh jesus' date=' not another one of these threads.

He's about 30 years older, of course he wouldn't have sounded the same. So why did black Flag have a re-union tour? For $$$?

So are they all as bad, or just Henry?[/quote']

Any vacancies where you work?

maybe henry rollins really likes monster trucks and getting to host a show about them is like a dream come true for him. how do you know exactly what ol' truck lovin' henry's motivation for doing something is. plus, is hosting a monster truck programme really morally dubious? i mean, fair enough if he was hunting baby seals and selling their fur for cash you could question his morals, but unless the programme features monster trucks whose interiors are made of baby seal fur, i don't really see what the problem is.

maybe henry rollins really likes monster trucks and getting to host a show about them is like a dream come true for him. how do you know exactly what ol' truck lovin' henry's motivation for doing something is. plus' date=' is hosting a monster truck programme really morally dubious? i mean, fair enough if he was hunting baby seals and selling their fur for cash you could question his morals, but unless the programme features monster trucks whose interiors are made of baby seal fur, i don't really see what the problem is.[/quote']

Think you have missed the point because the content of the program has nothing to do with it, its all about morals. For a so called person who is against mainstream culture and large corporations aswell as the pop punk community, who is indeed owned by these corporations.

I find mr rollins totally false

Having most of the rollins bands cds' date=' i have now dissowned him as i feel he has no credibillity whatsoever[/quote']

You know i just got off the phone to hm and he told me how gutted he was about this. In fact he's so gutted he's gona go have a bath in his huge house then try and cheer himself up with some groupie chicks before writting you a song in appology...........

Horses for courses, to be honest...I far prefer his spoken word output to his days in black flag (although his vocals made SOA, his previous band)....maybe people call that selling out, punk rock vocallist to stand up comedian.....people get off on different things y'know, after singing in bands for 22 years, who wouldn't rather do something different for a change, like host a monster truck show....its all fun...

MOSTER TRUCKS! MONSTER TRUCKS! WANNA WATCH MONSTER TRUCKS!! YEAH I KNOW...

Did the profits from that tour not go the the West Memphis Three? Or did I make that up in my head?

Gotta admit' date=' I kinda have a problem with the guy trying to tell me he's punk rock, whilst being in "Bad Boys 2" But then again, he is a .......LIAR! (See what I did?)[/quote']

So you are trying to tell me NONE of the band members got paid, thus meaning it was all from their own pockets? No chance

Horses for courses' date=' to be honest...I far prefer his spoken word output to his days in black flag (although his vocals [b']made SOA, his previous band)....maybe people call that selling out, punk rock vocallist to stand up comedian.....people get off on different things y'know, after singing in bands for 22 years, who wouldn't rather do something different for a change, like host a monster truck show....its all fun...

MOSTER TRUCKS! MONSTER TRUCKS! WANNA WATCH MONSTER TRUCKS!! YEAH I KNOW...

Yeah lets be like all the other cool kids, sell out, make lots of cash. Fuck morals, who needs morals keilan when you got lots of cash and a lack respect in the music world.

Fuck that Sounds to me like you're part of the sell out problem within the trendy community of pop kids

I'd say it probably took a lot more balls to get out there and change what he was doing completely. I'd give him more respect for doing whatever the fuck he likes than just carrying on because of what 'people might think'.

Besides he became even more punk rock than ever - started speaking all his vocals and ditched using other musicians and got up on that stage on his own :p

Did the profits from that tour not go the the West Memphis Three? Or did I make that up in my head?

Gotta admit' date=' I kinda have a problem with the guy trying to tell me he's punk rock, whilst being in "Bad Boys 2" But then again, he is a .......LIAR! (See what I did?)[/quote']

the LIAR see what i did part cracked me up... :D

Think you have missed the point because the content of the program has nothing to do with it' date=' its all about morals. For a so called person who is against mainstream culture and large corporations aswell as the pop punk community, who is indeed owned by these corporations.

I find mr rollins totally false[/quote']

When exactly did he say this? Rollins advertised or GAP and Mac ages ago. Why's he a sell out now? As for being owned by corporations, he has his own publishing company that put out his books so he appears to own himself. He said himself he has no problems advertising for products he uses but he won't adveritise for things like cigarettes and alcohol which he doesn't approve of. I don't see how that is compromising his principles at all. All the Black Flag lyrics he wrote were about hating himself and the police, not the corporations.

Yeah lets be like all the other cool kids' date=' sell out, make lots of cash. Fuck morals, who needs morals keilan when you got lots of cash and a lack respect in the music world.

Fuck that Sounds to me like you're part of the sell out problem within the trendy community of pop kids[/quote']

You're right. I'd much rather be broke but have the respect of the 'music world'... :rolleyes:

Who gives a shit what the 'music world' think of you. Is that going to pay for your house, your holidays, for your kids to go to Uni? Why should be sit about contemplating how punk rock he is when he could be out hosting a monster truck programme? Hell I know what i'd rather be doing.

And FYI - just because the profits from the tour went to charity, doesn't mean the band had to pay for it... :rolleyes:

I'd say it probably took a lot more balls to get out there and change what he was doing completely. I'd give him more respect for doing whatever the fuck he likes than just carrying on because of what 'people might think'.

Besides he became even more punk rock than ever - started speaking all his vocals and ditched using other musicians and got up on that stage on his own :p

If you are stating this, then it would be ok for you to go against your own morals?

Do you even believe in morals or more in financial gain?