aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Yeah I get what everyone is saying about the Rangers one it does seem a bit motivated.

Celtic one is just a nice jersey, I'd like to think it had nothing to do with the Rangers one.  It is the old firm though so who knows.

I always think Celtic should go back to their bumblebee away shirts.  They were good.

For lazies:

10304499_681950545193292_857542255405373

"Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed 3 wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.

I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return. Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future.

I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing.

It was extremely important to me that this transfer was completed before the World Cup so that my mind will only be focused on hopefully helping my country try to retain the trophy."

Chelsea are stupid now.  They'll win the Premiership and/or Champion's League.  They have a better squad than City now.  I didn't realise thay'd finalised the Costa signing either. 

They've not yet. But it's nailed on, pretty much. Fee has been agreed, and I imagine Chelsea will give Costa all the money he wants.

Costa is a total villain too. He's going to have everyone talking about how much of a cunt he is.

if I may touch on Best Dons Strikers again for a moment, nobody's mentioned hans gillhaus. I suspect because he sort of falls between 'classic' era and 'modern' era. 27 goals in 78 games, although to be honest I expected it to be more.

My dad says he was the best ever player he watched play for the dons.

David Bentley has retired from football, and is now running restaurants in Spain.

The interview with him from last month is pretty hard to watch. He broke into tears, and just admitted that any love for the game he ever had is now gone. It's quite hard to imagine that could happen when it's practically the dream job, and he wasn't half bad when he first made a name for himself. Probably didn't help that he was being called "The next David Beckham" within his first couple of seasons at Blackburn. The hype that is pelted at young English players who look a little bit handy must be crippling.

David Bentley has retired from football, and is now running restaurants in Spain.

The interview with him from last month is pretty hard to watch. He broke into tears, and just admitted that any love for the game he ever had is now gone. It's quite hard to imagine that could happen when it's practically the dream job, and he wasn't half bad when he first made a name for himself. Probably didn't help that he was being called "The next David Beckham" within his first couple of seasons at Blackburn. The hype that is pelted at young English players who look a little bit handy must be crippling.

The goal he scored against Arsenal in the 4-4 match was incredible.

Aye he seems a man finished with football for his own reasons, shame because he had talent, but he is at least big enough to admit he probably just wasnt the right guy for football in terms of his personality, worth a watch below anyway for those who havent seen it, the comments below are just horrible, but to be expected.

Edited by The Milner

He always struck me as more of a 3 dimensional character than your average footballer. A bit moody/pensive and not a complete mercenary.

Don't blame him for wanting to get out of this kind of atmosphere in England and fuck off to Spain...

Go to see a shit band like that and you deserve to be shouted at.