aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Sagna is getting a 3 year deal and 180k to be a backup essentially.

Glad we didn't pay that much but good luck to him he played well for a number of years.

I'll miss his wife more though.

Paves the way nicely for Serge Aurier to take up the right full-back berth.

David Bentley was definitely a wasted talent but he was a victim of his own laziness and attitude. Many stories about his lack of effort in training and he just came across as if he couldn't be arsed and was just happy to take a wage near the end. He was very quick to blame everyone but himself from his lack of game time at Spurs. Shame really, he had a great passing range and near perfect ball control and could certainly place a shot/free kick with ease.

Was going to say the papers are saying that Vermaelen is ready to go to Man U with only a fee to be agreed between the clubs.  They're calling it "another blow for Arsenal".

How is it a blow?  The fact he's captain is embarrassing at this point.  He was pretty awful last two seasons, he seems to have lost all positional sense and you can't have your captain riding the bench for seasons on end.  He has to go.

It'd be alright. Pique and Ramos have been doing it for Spain, and their rivalry is much more fierce. City aren't even United's biggest rivals. Maybe it could get feisty if Kompany played for Liverpool.

I still have my doubts as to whether United are in for Vermaelen. I was a big fan of his after his first season at Arsenal. It'd be an odd move, given how knackered he seems to be. I've only seen the Telegraph running it so far too.

Have we done the Boyd to the Dons discussion?  McInnes has spoken to him and Boyd is considering his options.  What does everyone think?  Would him and Rooney work well together or would it be competition for one place?  I think it would be a cracking signing - he's always scored for fun in Scotland.  Whether the system could fit both strikers into the starting line up, I'm not sure.

Rooney and Boyd must have two of the best scoring records in the SPL of the past 10-15 years in terms of goals to games.  (not including the megabucks Old Firm strikers, obviously)