aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

De Jong is hugely under-rated in my opinion. He'd be a great buy for Utd. A marshalling midfielder who can actually pass forward and rarely goes missing in games unlike Carrick. He has zero quality going forward but wouldn't need to do much attacking with Mata/herrera alongside him

De Jong is hugely under-rated in my opinion. He'd be a great buy for Utd. A marshalling midfielder who can actually pass forward and rarely goes missing in games unlike Carrick. He has zero quality going forward but wouldn't need to do much attacking with Mata/herrera alongside him

De Jong wouldn't offer goals and assists, but he's good at bringing the ball forward, something none of the current United midfield are any good at. He's good at just running in a straight line with the ball and immediately gain 20 or 30 yards. Herrera is very good defensively too. those two behind a #10 (Mata or Kagawa) would be very solid. Herrera definitely needs someone rock hard next to him. Perhaps even Fellaini could prosper in a sitting role with someone like Herrera. I'd have De Jong though.

When a player leaves, usually the club gives the player a farewell message, even if it's slightly insincere. You know, the usual "We wish him all the best for the future" etc. Nah, not Bilbao.

"We aspire to have players whose first choice is to defend our shirt. Ander's decision doesn't match that, which is disappointing. It's not a pleasant moment, but it doesn't alter our philosophy nor our way of working."

Basically "Fuck off, Ander, you little cunt"

I'm still in the 'don't rule Fellaini out' camp. I still think he could flourish in the right role. Utd fans seem to forget how unplayable he was for periods at Everton. Totally bosses games when he gets into the groove.

With a more tactically astute manager, Fellaini could come alive. Even though Moyes knew him well, I don't think he knew how to get the best out of him, or many other players. Fellaini can be unplayable, but alot of those unplayable performances came from when he played as a forward. He's impossible to stop in the penalty area, as he has excellent ball control, and lethal elbows. I don't think there's much chance of him playing up front ahead of RVP, Rooney, Mata etc, but he's a skilled footballer and if he can adapt fully to a deeper role, he could be a very good player. Especially if Van Gaal goes with a 3 man midfield like he often does, he would probably be more suited to that.

Yeah, it's difficult to see what that perfect role is for him. It definitely isn't in the center of a 4-man midfield - either deep or forward. Then, playing him further up would stifle RVP. Van Gaal's selections are gonna be fascinating this season.

That interview from Buttner has been passed from pillar to post, and his words are getting minced. He was only voted Man of the Match once when at United. The 14 times he originally referred to was when he was at Vitesse.

He was great in the home leg against Bayern, and on his debut against Wigan. Then LOLbad inbetween.