aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Shame about Jenko, i always quite liked him, but it doesnt seem like he has progressed enough. 

Sanchez to Arsenal will be a great signing if it goes through. Lolerpool are going to end up doing a Spurs and try and replace one of the worlds best players with 3/4 good but not brilliant players, and hopefully struggle to stay in the top 4. 

Is Jenkinson actually alright then? Always seemed like quite a listless player to me, but I've only seen him once or twice.

Regardless, I feel like this is another relegation season for us. There are no signs of any incoming strikers and Pardew has sent Yanga-Mbiwa, Ben Arfa and Marveaux -- three of our better players -- to train with reserves. We will likely line-up with a back four of a broken Santon, a half-broken Coloccini, Williamson and bloody Dummett on the first day. Sissoko and Gouffran will continue to be deployed on the wings. Anita will be dropped for no reason other than to accommodate Jack pissing Colback, and De Jong will have to play up front.

I don't know who we'll get in, if anyone, but I don't think it really matters. At best, we are a club that a player can join, absolutely smash it for a few years, then get a big move (Cabaye). More often than not, however, we are a club that talented, undervalued players come to and have their potential squandered by a man who doesn't have a clue what he's doing (Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Santon, countless others).

I've kind of resigned myself to death by Pardew so I'll try to be less of a boring cunt over the coming season and just post BANTER pictures of Balotelli or something. 

I'd personally want to avoid anything that means Pawlett is pushed back out wide. He is much much better through the middle of the park. I'd be looking to drop Robson and bring in a proper winger if McGinn leaves. 

I agree, it was more for representative reasons that I set up like that.

Realistically our shape is more like this:

Langfield

Logan - Anderson - Reynolds - Shinnie

Jack - Flood

Robson - Pawlett - Hayes

Rooney

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Sky Sports are saying that Sanchez has told his agents to conclude the deal with Arsenal!  I'm pretty hyped about that signing!  Should make Ozil better as well as he'll run behind the defence like Ramsey did last season for Ozil to pass in to.

Apparently he wants to play for Wenger.  I think sometimes Arsenal's more negative variety of fan forget just how much respect Wenger gets from players.  Same thing with Ozil last year.

Also a signing before August would be a nice change of pace.

It'll probably fall through now and he'll be playing for Chelsea.

Edited by Captain America