aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

They had a frightening attack last season too. I don't think it's the area of the pitch the needed to address. However I am quite excited to see how they do set out and play next season anyway. And you're right the prospect of those three playing well together is very exciting. For whatever reason I don't think they ever really managed to play how Martino wanted them to last season, not well anyway. Even when winning they often lacked a fluidity that was so vital to them in previous season.

Edited by Paranoid Android

With Alexis Sanchez hitting his peak, and based on how good he was last season, I don't think they needed Suarez. It's a whole lot of money that could have been spent on defenders. Will Barca ever buy a defender? They just tend to stick whoever possible back there. Their approach to the defence is like Fergie's approach to midfielders.

Still, the team infront of the defence looks very good.

Neymar  Messi  Suarez

Iniesta  Rakitic

Busquets

Rakitic will provide a bit more defensive cover than Xavi did. He's great at tracking back and getting stuck in as well as attacking. I don't think Barca have had a proper box-to-box presence for some time.

They were after Cuadrado from Fiorentina and all, though that seems to have cooled down a notch. Fiorentina were demanding mad bank, and rightly so.

EDIT: Just noticed that this has already been mentioned. Derp.

Edited by Murrr

I also read somewhere that Luis Enrique has said that Mascherano is likely to be given more of an opportunity to play in the centre of midfield. His performances for Argentina at the WC have shown just how good he is there IMO.

I would rather have him in there than Busquets.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Montpellier have confirmed that we're about to sign Remy Cabella, who that terrible knowledgeable Julien Laurens guy reckons is the new David Ginola (FM-tastic). I'm not going to get excited, because us signing fancy new players is like pouring perfume on a pig, but I've done a bit of Dennis Wise (Youtube) scouting and this guy looks pretty fucking handy:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4jI2VemR8

Note: mute yer sound, because the song is whack. 

I also read somewhere that Luis Enrique has said that Mascherano is likely to be given more of an opportunity to play in the centre of midfield. His performances for Argentina at the WC have shown just how good he is there IMO.

I would rather have him in there than Busquets.

Woah now. Woah.

I rate Mascherano. He's very good at stomping around in midfield, but there's not a defensive midfielder on earth who could dislodge Busquets. He's the best at it. Not only that, but he's better than Mascherano when on the ball as well.

You're talkin' CRAZY, man.

Woah now. Woah.

I rate Mascherano. He's very good at stomping around in midfield, but there's not a defensive midfielder on earth who could dislodge Busquets. He's the best at it. Not only that, but he's better than Mascherano when on the ball as well.

You're talkin' CRAZY, man.

I hear you, and I rate Busquets, but I think Mascherano gives you the nasty breaking-up-of-play stuff that SB does with a bit more mobility/drive.

And having played at centre back for the past season or two he can also drop in when the CBs split if that's the system Luis Enrique will play.

Reports coming out of Poland that Khedira to Arsenal is close to done!

It's the Sport though which I don't think is particularly reputable.  Apparently it's 23 million though.  That's less than Adam Lallana.

A man who just won the Champions league and World cup, cheaper than Adam chuffing Lallana.

His beard isn't as good though.

Reports coming out of Poland that Khedira to Arsenal is close to done!

It's the Sport though which I don't think is particularly reputable.  Apparently it's 23 million though.  That's less than Adam Lallana.

A man who just won the Champions league and World cup, cheaper than Adam chuffing Lallana.

Khedira is a good solid midfielder but his value reflects how injury plagued he's been in the past two years. He also may have winners medals for both the World Cup and Champions League but didn't play in one final and was hooked when Real were losing in the other as he looked horrendously unfit and off pace.

Still if his injuries settle he's exactly the sort of player Arsenal have missed since Vieira left.