aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

It's just a lazy generalisation formed mainly by people who's main exposure to Newcastle supporters is the waft of zombies they interview on Sky.

All we wish for is a team to be proud of, nothing more. And I do say that objectively.

I'm making my main judgement on your input on here ;)

Seriously though, being proud of your team is a given. Ups and downs, I guess you lot are just on a bit of a down right now. Not sure what it'll take (apart from Ashley stepping down and selling the club to someone who is interested in football and not just money) to solve that rot though.

Edited by Alkaline

Liverpool haven't sold a player directly to United since 1934. And a player hasn't moved in the opposite way since the 60s. I can't see it happening. United would have to wait until his contract is up and snag him for free, but I think Liverpool will force him elsewhere before letting that happen. I'd say even City, Arsenal or Chelsea would be preferable to Liverpool than United. Especially after United did all they could to stop Gabriel Heinze going there back in 2007, even though Heinze pleaded to the club to accept Liverpool's bid.

The fans will turn on him if he comes out and admits he wants to move to United. So far it's just newspaper talk, and no actual quotes from him, or anyone. Impossible, IMO.

Barca. Worthy winners. Not the result I wanted. Paddy Evra deserved another medal. 5 finals and 4 losses. Tragic. And Suarez winning anything is abhorrent, the racist, spitting, biting shithawk.

They deserved it though. Iniesta and Rakitic were superb. Not vintage Messi, but he was still very good. That front 3 is just too good, even if two of them are bellends. Buffon made some ridiculous saves as well. I thought Juventus should have had a penalty, when Alves slammed and pinned Pogba for 3 count to become the #1 contender at Wrestlemania. Juventus should have had a free kick right on the edge of the area as well, which Pirlo would have scored, because Pirlo.

Pirlo and Evra's tears at the end were heartbreaking. Pogba was consoling both of them. Complete role reversal. It was quite a scene.

Football is over. Now what do we do?

I've watched a few U20 toulon tournament games. That lad Grimes for England looks a player. Chuba akpom is a man playing among boys too. A bit of 1 on 1 time with Henry and he'll be a hell of a player.

There are only ever about 10 people in the stadiums so you can hear the players and management shooting at each other which is pretty great.

'choobs... Don't lose it... Don't lose it there... Aw fuck... You fucking lost it'

Can we discuss Yannick Bolasie?

I'll start: Yannick Bolasie is an outrageously fun footballer to watch.

Totally agree, it's like the ball is sometimes a repellent yet attracting force with his foot and there always seems to be a buffer of air between the two. He moves like butter dripping off a hot knife too.

• Upvote 1

All of that perfectly describes Wilfried Zaha on the other flank as well. Zaha has never been in full control of a football in his life. It always looks like he is on the cusp of being dispossessed. Then he pulls out a (totally pointless) pirouette, nutmegging the full back with the second motion. 

Both of them are like a pair of matadors. Entice the defender with a ball that appears to be totally up for grabs, then pull it out of their reach right at the last.

If they get Loic Remy, they'd have a pretty wild front line.