aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Wonderful stuff. Wouldn't rule out him moving in January but still - bigger fee and six more months of a very important player for us.

Priority now has to be a goalkeeper, and we could use a bit of strength in depth at centre back and a reasonably decent backup for Rooney upfront (shifting Goodwillie on). If we can get all of that sorted, I reckon we'll be in pretty good shape for making another go of it next season.

Traffic Cone

Logan - Taylor - Reynolds - Shinnie

Jack - McLean

Hayes - Smith - McGinn

Rooney

That's a very, very, very strong SPFL lineup right there. Sub Willo Flood for Cammy Smith and play McLean further forward if you would prefer. Or there's always Peter Pawlett.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

I put Flood with Jack and McLean further up(where he should be IMO), but only if Flood promises to pass the ball forward a bit more often.

Also worth pointing out we'll have Considine on the bench who was one of our most improved performers as well. Shame he will have to go there but definitely excited for Shinnie coming into the team.

Well, season's pretty much over

James%20Blunt%20pic.jpg

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend

Player of the season: Luis Suarez. The way he's adapted at barca is pretty phenomenal. Who'd have thought he'd bring so much off the ball and become so unselfish. And score so many goals on top of that. Messi would have scored a few less goals if it wasn't for him. David De Gea would be second.

Goal of the season : The two that come to mind were rooney shot on the turn and Leroy fer's perfect 30 yarder last week. Zlatan scored an absolute beauty the other week too. I'm sure I've forgotten plenty.

Manager of the season: koeman. Southampton played great football all year. Huge achievement to be at the level they were consistently given the players they lost.

Over? There's still the Champions League Final to come. The be all and end all. The absolute biggest stage. Only the true elite have a Champions League winners medal, from Clarence Seedorf to Jonathan Greening. It's like declaring the NFL is over a week before the Superbowl. It's all be counting down to this.

More importantly, it's Patrice Evra's 5th (FIFTH) Champions League final, but he's only won it once, losing once to Porto and twice to Barca. Mon the Old Lady. Do it for King Pat.

Hard to argue with Suarez for player of the year, though my favourite player to watch has been Isco. He's just incredible. He can do everything. Magical footballer, but he's a little hard nut as well. A real hard nut, not a little Scrappy Doo poser like Jack Wilshere. Isco would stick two feet on Duncan Ferguson if he had to. Nails.

Goal of the season, from immediate memory, is between this:

IcyTastyGuineafowl.gif

and this:

goal-1.gif

Manager of the season, Massimiliano Allegri. When Conte quit, it seemed plausible that Juventus would struggle, as Conte had done a stellar job, and Allegri was relatively inexperienced at that level, with only one league title to his name. He would have been expected to win the league regardless, but to reach the Champions League final as well is a huge achievement. If he wins it, then it's no contest.

The copa America starts in a couple weeks too. There's a lot of interest in that over here with all the south Americans.

Regular Saturday fixtures ending = end of season to me though.

Allegri is a good shout, particularly after the ugly reception he was getting at the start.

I have no idea if Copa America even has any TV coverage over here, and the time difference will probably be a pain, since we're some thousand miles away from South Poland. Hopefully it'll all be gettable online.

I also assumed the Champions League final was next weekend, but it's two whole weeks away. What a crock.

My manager of the year is Garry Monk. What a job he's done despite his inexperience and having Bony nicked off him.

My favourite player, NOT SAYING THE BEST, this season has been Emre Can. During that brief time Liverpool were doing well, he was a monster - great on the ball, good eye for a pass and a tough tackler.

I think Tevez has had a fantastic season, I'd put him up there with Suarez.

I was obviously watching our game, but a United-supporting mate was updating me throughout. "No shots," "we can't be arsed," etc. I was twitchy as fuck, especially when the otherwise outstanding Anita fluffed a 4-on-1 breakaway and passed it straight to Adrian. Fortunately it didn't matter in the end.

Jonas' story is almost fairytale stuff. Diagnosed with cancer, beats it, comes back to the club and is told by Pardew to "stay away," recovers, fights his way back into the team, produces the best performance of his black and white career on his final game. His ability has diminished and there have always been valid criticisms about him, but he's always seemed like an excellent guy, a great servant, and a tireless worker. I'm really delighted for him. Jonas, Anita and Janmaat effectively dragged us to victory yesterday, and Jonas will now go down as a club legend.

• Upvote 1

I've always thought Anita has looked poor when I've seen him, seems to hide and looks nervous on the ball without actually doing very much. Basically, doesn't seem 'up for it' or like he's willing to nut someone/get concussion and a bleeding face for the cause </Carver>.

Am I wrong?

He's just had a great spell for me at Newcastle in FM but I'm still looking to ship him out ASAP.

I've always thought Anita has looked poor when I've seen him, seems to hide and looks nervous on the ball without actually doing very much. Basically, doesn't seem 'up for it' or like he's willing to nut someone/get concussion and a bleeding face for the cause </Carver>.

Am I wrong?

He's just had a great spell for me at Newcastle in FM but I'm still looking to ship him out ASAP.

You've just described Jack Colback.

Anita is a quality wee player, the problem is that Carver and Pardew expect(ed) him to play like Tiote. He's too lightweight to play that destructive role: I see him as move of a playmaker, who can use his excellent athleticism to manipulate space and create opportunities. We'll never play him that way though.

I really like him as a footballer and it's a shame he doesn't really function in our prehistoric system. Certainly a far better player than Colback (terrified of receiving the ball) and Tiote (irrational aggro-dealer).

Derby have sacked Steve McClaren, must be lined up for the Newcastle job lol!

Apparently burned his bridges with Ashley when he turned us down, and Ash is definitely one to hold a grudge... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we appointed him.

It'd be a hugely underwhelming appointment. Not sure how much more sleep-inducing defensive football I can take.