aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

United's draw yesterday is starting to look like a decent result.

Boro were ace. It wasn't even a smash and grab. They were significantly better. Lightning pace on the counter. Ridiculously naive from City, who completely underestimated them. Gutted for Tomlin. His effort would have been some goal. That pirouette was Zindane-esque. Totally merked Kompany.

Chelsea, City, Swansea, Spurs, Southampton all out. Everton already out. United forced to a replay. Liverpool and Arsenal still to play. All the big sides could be out.

I concede plenty on the Internet, he was born in Britain, he has lived most of his life in Britain, he started playing in Britain and he happens to play for Turkey because his father is from Turkey.

C'mon, is this really the first thing you want to express a strong opinion about on the Internet? ;)

Haha, I know, right? You're wrong though. His mother is from Turkey and, again, he has Turkish nationality. He was British, he isn't now.

Anyway. Boro beat Man City and Lee Tomlin made Vinny Kompany look like a prat AND Joe Hart got 'wrestling.gif'ed by Albert Adomah so I'm in good fettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3xaFgpTkuQ

• Upvote 1

Haha, I know, right? You're wrong though. His mother is from Turkey and, again, he has Turkish nationality. He was British, he isn't now.

Anyway. Boro beat Man City and Lee Tomlin made Vinny Kompany look like a prat AND Joe Hart got 'wrestling.gif'ed by Albert Adomah so I'm in good fettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3xaFgpTkuQ

His mother is from Cyprus actually. But whatevs, potato potato.

To a certain extent, Phil Neville's remark probably underlines one of the primary problems with the English game. Rather than analyse how and why an opponent was able to find the space and time to play a pass like that, the solution would be to chase him and two-foot him. Not find the root cause and work on future preventative measures...just chase the opponent and kick him. It also highlights weaknesses in Phil Neville's character, and footballing ability and philosophy.

I've been starting to harbour a strong dislike for Phil Neville recently, and that comment reinforced and ratified that. Shit player, shit pundit.

John Carver 'til the end of the season. This probably means we'll be relegated.

Think it's time I took a break from this nonsense. I'm going into hibernation, and I'm not waking-up until a permanent manager is appointed. Then, if he's a bastard, I'm going back to sleep.

Wake me up when we're in the Championship.

It could turn out to be a good decision. I think if Newcastle got someone now, it would be a total desperation option. A McClaren or a Bruce. Maybe even a Glen Hoddle! Managerial options will probably be a lot broader in the summer. Anyone of any worth right now is already in a job, and unlikely to leave in January.

Unless Carver gets them relegated, then it could turn out to be a terrible decision. But I can't see that happening. There's some pretty terrible sides below Newcastle. I predict it'll be 3 of the current bottom 5. I can't see anyone above that getting sucked in to the relegation battle now.

I dunno. The guy's picked-up a grant total of one point in his trial period and we've won 1 in 8. It just reeks of our previous relegation season (managerial changes, "safe in mid-table" halfway through the season) and there's little chance we'll address our chronic lack of centre-backs in this transfer window. It's going to be incredibly difficult.

Of course, the media will be rife with such uninformed shite as "shouldn't have let Pardew go," "grass isn't always greener," "this is what Newcastle fans wanted," etc. Unless a blockbuster end-of-season appointment is round the corner, the rest of 2014/15 could be unbearable. 

Meh. At least I have my Aberdeen season ticket.

• Upvote 1

It could be worth a grueling few months, if Ashley acts with a bit of ambition in the summer. Frank De Boer has mentioned the club by name when talking about wanting to work in the Premier League. That could be a great appointment, but he said himself he'd never leave Ajax midway through the season. I reckon if Ashley wanted Bruce, Hoddle or McClaren, he would have got them right away.

I don't know how credible the endorsement is, but TalkSport's "Dutch football expert" reckons De Boer to Newcastle is nailed on.

After hosting Premier League minnows Manchester United last Friday it's back to the league tonight and a visit from that football giant Dagenham & Redbridge... 2 things guaranteed - a) a 2-0 defeat and b) it won't be a sell out like last Friday! 

Edited by Delboy1969