aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Pretty buzzing about today's football like, especially if results pan-out well. I live 5 minutes from Pittodrie, so I'll be watching Hamilton snake Celtic before hopping along to The Pitt to see Aberdeen dish out another 2-0 shellacking and go 7 points clear at the top, then home to watch Newcastle, which will undoubtedly be the day's low point.

COYR, etc.

I thought that game was fucking ace and I don't even really care that we didn't win. My throat is absolutely red raw. Some super-shitty defending from Aberdeen, and the referee was utterly honking in the second-half, but holy shit when Jack's goal went in... NYYYYYUUURURRRRGGHGHGHGHGHGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just caught the re-run of the United game. I don't know what Van Gaal is doing. Looks like this was the starting line-up:

De Gea

Valencia Jones Evans Rojo Blind

Carrick Rooney

Mata

Di Maria Falcao

Striker in midfield. Midfielder as a striker. The slowest player in the squad (Blind) as a wingback. Phil Jones (Phil Jones!!!) ((PHIL JONES!!!!!)) taking corners. PHIL JONES?! Shaw "rested". Totally bananas. QPR should have been 3-0 after 45 minutes.

Van Gaal switches to a narrow 4-4-2 after 55 minutes, and brings on an actual midfielder - United score immediately (scored by said actual midfielder) and continue to create a bucket of chances, before killing it off at the death. He acknowledges United create more openings with a back 4 in his post-match, but also concedes that QPR have space to attack too. So? That's football. Sometimes you gotta concede possession. When you win it back, you have more space to attack. If you play safe and hog the ball, it's way harder to break down your opposition, as they're likely to have 10 men behind it. Counter attacking trumps possession every time, IMO.

No doubt he'll play a cautious back 5 against Cambridge and grind out a 1-0. He'll jabber about philosophy and balance. Van Persie will play the full 90 minutes and be garbage throughout. Herrera might get 15 minutes if he's lucky, despite being one of United's best player every time he plays.

Edited by Soda van Jerk