aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Now I'm back in the UK from my hols, the reality I am not going to the Cambridge v Man Utd game is kicking in but buzzing anyways, so nice to see my little old club everywhere, great coverage for us!!!

As for the game I just hope we don't get a stuffing which is always possible with this kind of tie.  But these days as MK Dons proved Man Utd are beatable so if we play to our strengths who knows what could happen.  I'd like us to sneak a draw and get a money spinning replay!

And don't believe what the Dutchman says we are not a long-ball direct team, I think its just his preconception of how teams in the lower leagues play.

And don't believe what the Dutchman says we are not a long-ball direct team, I think its just his preconception of how teams in the lower leagues play.

The Yeovil boss said the same thing. All they did was hoof it up to that monster they had up front, who ended up caving in Paddy McNair's head.

As of next season, most football will be gone from ITV anyway.

Big Bollocks BT have blown them away. So you're going from Chiles and Townsend to Steve McManaman and Michael "zzzzzz" Owen. Is that any better? No. Both are infinitely worse than Chiles and Townsend. 

Remember that Man United vs Palace game that was on BT, where United got a penalty which arguably should have been a free kick outside the box. Steve McManaman went apeshit at half time. He just shouted over everyone for the full 7 or 8 minutes, because how could the referee get a marginal decision wrong in real time?! And then, he INTERRUPTED the second half coverage to shout about it some more. His head was superimposed in the bottom corner of the screen, so he could shout the same point he shouted at half time but even louder, whilst the 2nd half was playing. Has an angry scouser ever interrupted a live game to go fucking mental about United winning a penalty on television? A football coverage first, I'm sure.

If you make the switch to BT Sport, you'll be left longing for Townsend to be in-and-around their punditry team. McManaman is poison.

And Michael Owen is just dim He'll make his decision on what happened before it shows the replay. The replay will show clearly he was wrong, but he'll stick by it.

"Can't believe he's given a goal kick. That had corner written all over it"

*Replay shows defender shepherding the ball out with no contact*

"Definite corner."

"Not a penalty for me. He's got the ball there"

*Slow mo of the defender clattering the striker into the air*

"Never a penalty"

I miss Townsend already.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

What football are ITV actually gonna be showing from next season???  Can only think of some England games, they seem to have lost everything else but still glad Townsend and Chiles have gone, no doubt both will end up on Talksport!

Jesus four and a half hours till kick off, probably a good thing have to go to work at 6 AM or I would probably be half cut already!

Van Gaal's square pass ball hog tactic is the pits. United's two best chances came when Carrick abandoned the philosophy and just cunted it down the middle. Two good chances for Falcao and RVP from direct passes. You'd think they'd carry on splitting the defence and getting the strikers on the end of a ball. Nah. Why create chances? You can just pass it about infront of a parked bus and hope something happens.

It's hard to call Falcao a flop when he barely gets a meaningful ball to him in any game. He'd probably be banging them in for any other decent side.

I think the problem with Man Utd is they are so beatable, I know they had many a dodgy moment and some poor results under SAF but these days they are just not the force they once were.  I always predicted they would go crap once the moaning purple one left but am pretty impressed at just how awful they are these days.

The dour Dutchman has pumped shit loads of money into the squad and they are still underachieving, they should be title challengers but are fast turning into the new Arsenal - happy with 4th and quarter finals at best in champions league.

United have only lost once in 15 games. They are far more solid defensively than they are given credit for. If anything, they are very hard to beat right now, but they are absolutely lousy at winning games themselves. The "philosophy" seems more focused towards worrying about the opposition than making the opposition worry about United.

Ironically, United look like Everton under Moyes. Hard to beat but never go for the kill. Hard work and not too over-committal Something even Moyes himself couldn't do with United.

I'm certain Cambridge will get kicked in half at Old Trafford, but it's besides the point. United will be left red faced for barely evening hitting the target in the tie.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Aww, come on. For once in your life concede a point to someone on the internet. He's Turkish and that's ok.

I concede plenty on the Internet, he was born in Britain, he has lived most of his life in Britain, he started playing in Britain and he happens to play for Turkey because his father is from Turkey.

C'mon, is this really the first thing you want to express a strong opinion about on the Internet? ;)