aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Love the 1970 one, classic look. 2006 is my favourite of the more recent ones. 2014 looks like a plastic ball young kids might play with on the beach.

Spent at least half an hour of a one to one class yesterday speaking to my student about the world cup and the draw coming on Friday. I got paid to chat about the world cup. I got an in depth review of 1982, the first world cup he properly remembers and about how the second group stage was total shit. If only every class was like this I'd have the best job in the world.

The Adidas Tango was an absolute classic football. I grew up kicking that ball around, and it hasn't been bettered since, from my experience.

I used to like the old Mitre Deltas when they were first used in the English and Scottish top flight, too. Distinctive design. When I was a kid, I designed my own football strips, and I often sketched my final kits on mannequins sports-shop-window-style, with Mitre Deltas accompanying the display. Man, I was a nerdy kid.

I fucking miss kicking a football so much. Time to get a fives team going at work, but I fear some of the interested parties are a bit shit. Tae punts and aimless runs into corners galore! One plus point so far is that I have three willing goalkeepers for the team...so rare for fives! I think I'll introduce a rotation system until I find the best goalie.

• Upvote 1

My football-based drawings always contained a Mitre delta, cosmic or tactic. There was something so satisfying about drawing the arrows and the hexagonal 'patchwork' effect of a classic football was too difficult to get right.

Other football drawings included a full green colour fill in MS Paint with white lines and semi circles for markings - for the birds eye view. When I discovered perspective I transitioned to drawing '3d' goals first then filling in the scene with various scenarios... mostly involving overhead kicks and 'whoosh' lines I learned from Art Attack. 

• Upvote 1