aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Who else should have been picked? Look at the rest of the field:

Athletes Dina Asher-Smith, Jessica Judd and Isaac Towers feature along with swimmers James Guy and Amy Marren.

Shooter Amber Hill, golfer Charley Hull, weightlifter Rebekah Tiler and canoeist Kimberley Woods also make the list.

How many of them have you even heard of? I'm aware of Jessica Judd and that's pretty much it, so why is it ridiculous that an 18-year old who's managed to get some high profile games (and perform brilliantly in them) for one of the top football teams in the country doesn't deserve a nomination?

Look at the previous winners of the award - Tom Daley's won it 3 times and no one gives a fuck about diving outside of the Olympics and even then it's not exactly a Big Deal.

Januzaj probably wouldn't have been nominated if it wasn't for that two week period where there was a story about him every day, regarding how he hasn't signed a contract yet, and he doesn't know which country he wants to play for. And then England stuck there oar in, and he was the best thing since Gazza. It certainly boosted his profile. Otherwise, it would have just been an ordinary case of a young player getting a few games. He's very good, but he's barely even got his career going or properly achieved anything.

Is there really so few young sportsmen of notable reputation?

Januzaj getting on the ballot is clearly the FA grooming him to pick England. It's a silly little award noone cares about anyway.

Don't think anyone has mentioned Bale's exploits at the weekend. It was the only game I managed to watch in full. He was immense. Even better than Tottenham form because he wasn't doing it all himself. I don't know why it makes me so happy seeing him do so well - i'm not welsh and I'm not a Tottenham fan. Dunno, he seems like a fairily decent bloke and maybe it'll spur on other prem players to venture abroad which is always good to see.

Adnan Janusz can't play for England unless they completely change the current home nations agreement. I don't know why the press keep mentioning it.

That's what I thought too, but even Roy Hodgeson said he was looking at him, and nobody seems to have stepped in and said "No chance, mate!".

The FA said a few weeks back that he'd qualify on residency. To my knowledge, he'd only qualify on residency if he is 'educated' in England for 5 years prior to his 18th birthday. He's only been at United since he was 16, so it's impossible, surely.