aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Hipster? Nah. Barcelona are football giants. Totally mainstream. Going to watch Barca B is like being a fan of Oasis, but then buying the new Beady Eye album.

But it is hipster because you'll hear of all their players before they're famous.  Which is when they were best, obviously.

Beady Eye are post-Oasis whereas Barca B is pre-Barca, therefore more hipster.

Thought Rooney was really good today and Arsenal's big players didn't really show up.

No time to panic yet though.  Some muppet on 606 was on after the game saying Wenger must go.

We played Liverpool, Dortmund and Man U in a little over a week.  We conceded one goal from a set piece.

I do think we are suffering from our injuries to player that could potentially mix up our attack.  We don't have Walcott and Ox to run past defenders instead of trying to pass through them and we really need a striker to back up Giroud.  Bendtner was awful when he came on and had a really good chance to snatch us a point.  That's the difference in title wins those points you get when you don't really deserve it.

Rooney was the difference today. His most intense performance in a long time. Yet the mental top reds on the United forums are saying he was shit, as they still believe he should have been sold in the summer, for his ULTIMATE ACT OF BETRAYAL. Lunatics. Pretty close game, where a draw wouldn't have been undeserving of either team. Arsenal were great in the last 20 minutes, but it took them far too long to get going.

Rooney was the difference today. His most intense performance in a long time. Yet the mental top reds on the United forums are saying he was shit, as they still believe he should have been sold in the summer, for his ULTIMATE ACT OF BETRAYAL. Lunatics. Pretty close game, where a draw wouldn't have been undeserving of either team. Arsenal were great in the last 20 minutes, but it took them far too long to get going.

Gnabry offered more in those 20 minutes than Ozil and Cazorla had all game.  Needed someone willing to run at players rather than pass through them.  Walcott maybe.

I think Rosiky was a big loss pre game.  He's always good in the big games and loves a run at people.

Another Guardian quiz, this one is tough. Name all the winners of the golden ball at world cups. I only got 10/20. I got 4 out of the most recent five wrong which tells me this is an award I just never pay attention to.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/nov/12/football-quiz-world-cup-golden-ball-winners?CMP=fb_gu