aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Diving bastard.  I didn't actually see that at the time, I was out of the room or something.  Came back in just as Van Persie was stepping up.  I knew it wasn't a penalty because the usually very biased British commentators were expressing massive amounts of doubt.  Normally there's a "oh there was some contact" or "it was cute play" or something.  But there was none of that.  The guy even said some justice was perhaps done with the penalty being missed.

David Moyes said that Ashley Young was fouled, and it was a penalty. Incredible.

He didn't.

"I have seen it and the boy certainly tugs him in the box," said the United boss.

"If you look the referee is two yards away from it and decided to give it.

"All I know is he got a penalty kick from a decision, I don't know anything about reputations or anything.

"The referee was there. He made quite a lot of decisions tonight and that one he gave a penalty kick."

He says he tugs him, which he did (though certainly not enough to bring him, or anyone, down) and that the referee gave a penalty, which he did. Moyes is about as diplomatic as it gets over the subject. He neither agrees nor disagrees. I don't think he's going to lambast Young publicly - again. But he doesn't necessarily agree with the decision.

Definite dive though. Young is a cunt.

Edited by Joda Serk

Keep that behind closed doors. He already raised it once a few weeks back, and dropped him for a number of games. Hopefully the same will happen again, whilst getting a bollocking out of the public eye, as he's shite anyway. I don't think going all Roy Keane and slagging off players publicly is any good. You save that for your autobiography.

His response to the penalty decision was as neutral as possible. For the best, in my opinion. Hopefully Young will just keep getting dropped until he wishes to leave.

Get rid. He's the 4th highest earner at Manchester United, behind RVP, Rooney and Rio Ferdinand. Fuck that noise. He earns more than Phillip Anthony Jones - the best player in the world. Terrible decision.

Edited by Joda Serk

4th Highest :laughing: I didn't know THAT. 

I watched Juve - Real last night, great game. I'm surprised it stayed 2-2, looked like there was another goal each at least in the game. 

From what I've heard United looked a lot better last night once Kagawa got moved into the number 10 role instead of being on the wing. Something which nobody with a brain will be surprised by.

4th Highest :laughing: I didn't know THAT. 

I watched Juve - Real last night, great game. I'm surprised it stayed 2-2, looked like there was another goal each at least in the game. 

From what I've heard United looked a lot better last night once Kagawa got moved into the number 10 role instead of being on the wing. Something which nobody with a brain will be surprised by.

True, as soon as Kagawa went into the middle, he looked alot better, rather than the team as a whole. Giggs and Fellaini were still sluggish, and the wings were still lacking any threat, but on the left side of a 4-4-2 just completely nullifies him. Moyes has to choose between either RvP or Rooney if he plays Kagawa. I just don't think he can realistically play two strikers + Kagawa.

I only watched the second half but Man U didn't look like they knew how to play.  They couldn't even find each other with a simple pass.

Giggs was awful.  A couple of times he could have just passed it 5 yards forward to an open man and he tried to switch it and ballooned it straight out.

Fellaini was pretty awful as well.  He didn't look like he knew where he was supposed to be then just got really pissy with every challenge and eventually got himself sent off for it.  Which you could see coming a mile away I thought Moyes should have taken him off.

Giggs isn't and never has been a central midfielder. His form is a complete lottery, as he was excellent against Sociedad in the reverse fixture. You just never know what you're going to get. One day he is a total wizard. The next, he can't pass to anyone, and decides to dribble into a wall of 4 players. I'd say that it's time to phase him out, but it was probably time to phase him out 3 years ago.

Fellaini is an idiot. He claims his best position is defensive midfield, but he's never looked good there, and all his best games for Everton came as a supporting striker. I don't like him one bit. should have been sent off 2 fouls earlier than he was. That body check and the tackle from behind post-yellow card were worse than the challenge that got him the red. Ref had rightly had enough. Cleverley is better, and that's a worrying thought.

Arsenal are going to twat United. Deservedly. I wouldn't mind so much, as knowing that United are well out of it now, I want Arsenal to win the league, but Piers Morgan is going to lose it. I might have to stay off the internet for a while if Arsenal win on Sunday.