aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

That match was awesome.

Aberdeen have just scored and a friend has just told me we're going to the barca- villareal match tonight for free :D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!

Spurs lol.

I think AVB might get the chop, which would be a shame. He had a big job losing Bale and having to integrate all those new players into the team. Alot of players all vying for the same position. They have far too many attacking midfielders.

AVB loves that high defensive line. Probably shouldn't play it with Dawson though. Is Kaboul still alive?

Spurs placed a lot of faith in AVB and Franco Baldini during the summer to reinvest the Bale transfer mountain, and what did they buy? A lot of relatively young players with pretty much no English top flight experience whatsoever. That is perhaps implicative enough, but he should be given a full season to let them get used to English football and how he wants them to play. I am no AVB fan, but I can see that it might be a little harsh to dismiss him at this stage. I'm not fully convinced another man at the helm would improve Tottenham's chances of finishing in the top four this season, but I suppose I do feel that Spurs can be a little one-dimensional; there seems to be very little flexibility to their approach to matches, and I personally think AVB's in-match management is awful; if his team are not set up correctly at the start of the game, then it tends to go wrong. His reaction to strategical amendments by opponents is almost non-existent sometimes. I still think he can finish in the top six with Spurs, and I see no reason why they should be aiming for any higher, given the relative inexperience of the new squad. I still also maintain there is a tremendous lack of pace in the central defensive areas for Tottenham, which often isn't a problem for teams, but it is a problem when AVB adopts a very inflexible high-defensive line. I like Michael Dawson, but fucking hell, I agree with Joda Serk: that guy gets done for pace at least two or three times every single game, and coupled with the high line, usually leads to danger.

I think Steve Clarke being dismissed from West Brom is utter tatties, too. I mean, who the fuck do West Brom think they are? Do they think they are exempt from losing four games in a row in the English Premier League? Are they fuck, and I happen to believe West Brom have been quite unlucky in several of their recent matches, not only with decisions by officials, but also just how lady luck has played her part. The league is so tight this season, and West Brom could easily (and probably still will) go on another little run and move themselves up the table, but I hope they fail as a result of dismissing one of the most astute new managers in the division. Fuck you West Brom, you bunch of dicks. I hope you fail.

Edited by Eupraxia

Can you perhaps tell us how it was obviously Levy making most of those transfer decisions? I'm not disputing it, I would just quite like to know why you feel it's so obvious, as I haven't really encountered any literature that suggests as much. I have read the transfers were largely decided and co-ordinated by Franco Baldini, but I accept he perhaps just took care of the transfer logistics as opposed to finalising actual recruitment targets.

If Levy is solely responsible for most of the reinvestment decisions, then firing AVB just now is even more bat shit mental than it was based on other assumptions.

It's perhaps an accurate assessment to be fair, he does seem like the type that would be interested in being so heavily involved in transfer policy. Regardless, the players they have recruited over the summer need more time to gain English football experience and gel with one another. It seems like basic football psychology to me, but Levy appears to have an ego to pander to, which will be a more significant contributing factor than football psychology.

It would be mad to sack AVB in my opinion. Spurs had their best ever season in the premier league last year (number of points) and then they lost one of the best players in the league. I would have concerns about some of his decisions and tactics but I don't think there's any reason to get rid of him. Even if they were doing a lot better top 4 would still be a big ask so I don't think there's much risk in giving him more time.

Can you perhaps tell us how it was obviously Levy making most of those transfer decisions? I'm not disputing it, I would just quite like to know why you feel it's so obvious, as I haven't really encountered any literature that suggests as much. I have read the transfers were largely decided and co-ordinated by Franco Baldini, but I accept he perhaps just took care of the transfer logistics as opposed to finalising actual recruitment targets.

If Levy is solely responsible for most of the reinvestment decisions, then firing AVB just now is even more bat shit mental than it was based on other assumptions.

I can tell you explicitly that Levy has pretty much final say on who is signed. Baldini currently identifies targets and discusses with AVB and presents a shortlist to Levy who then goes out with a ridiculous team of sports lawyers and arranges the transfers (financial/contractual etc).

I can tell you explicitly that Levy has pretty much final say on who is signed. Baldini currently identifies targets and discusses with AVB and presents a shortlist to Levy who then goes out with a ridiculous team of sports lawyers and arranges the transfers (financial/contractual etc).

I read this and had visions of you telling me whilst giving yourself a pokey bum wank.

It was hot. And explicit.

Out of interest Alkaline, what is your current stance on Spurs and AVB's merits? I work alongside a Spurs fan and he's generally quite happy, recent pummelings notwithstanding. I've quite enjoyed seeing a lot of Tottenham so far this season, with Moussa Dembele always impressing me (although I understand he had a poor game today), and I just love watching Gylfi Sigurdsson glide into space - he reminds me a lot of Freddie Ljungberg. They do have quite obvious exploitable weaknesses in defensive areas, though.