aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

we keep scratching our heads and coming back for more, for me the LFC game was the go forward or go back springboard for this league season, we will keep winning away from home but keep loosing at home until AVB plays two up front but he won't...

Edited by chilli

Could have at least given him the next game which is Hull at home to see if he could end the bad run.

From the board's point of view they're probably thinking that Hull at home is a must win and therefore can't afford to give him that chance.

Absolutely mental decision IMO, though. Clarke will do alright, I'm sure. There will always be an assistant job available for him, anyway. I think he only has two teams to go until he's been assistant boss at every single Premier League team ever.

Very interesting champions league draw. Despite winning away last season and Bayern's loss to city this season I think Arsenal are screwed to be honest. City I think will beat Barca unless Barca's form picks up. Man United pretty much have a bye and Chelsea should get through without too many problems but Drogba back at the bridge will be fun. Dortmund and Atletico should go through too which I'm happy about.

AVB should have been given until the end of the season at least. Losing Bale and bedding in that many new players was always an enormous task. That squad is very good generally, especially for a team outside of the 'elite' clubs. I'd be surprised if someone can come in and do any better immediately.

It beats being only an international footballer, like Alan Hutton. 

The more I think about it, the more it seems ridiculous that AVB was sacked.  As mentioned above, he should have been given a lot more time, with the amount of key players.  Particularly the amount of key, new players. 

I know the Spuds have had a couple of dodgy results and losing 5-0 at home to a bunch of foreign scousers is not acceptable but it is another mental sacking, its not like Spurs are languishing in the bottom half of the table.  They're going well in both tinpot cups and silverware is silverware.  And as has been said, the new signings and the loss of Bale was always going to take some time.

Maybe Levy will eat some humble pie and re-employ 'Arry lol!  

Makes me laugh how Curbishley is linked to almost any job in England... I mean when did he actually last have a managerial job??? A quick check on wiki reveals.... 2008!

Hoddle wasn't a bad manager. His record at Swindon was very good, as PLAYER MANAGER. Man, there just aren't enough Player Managers anymore.

His win rate with England was very good too. Not many did better. Only Alf Ramsey has a better record, no?

He's been doing alot of coaching in Spain since he last managed, so he's constantly been involved in football, and not just stewed elsewhere. I think he could be worth a go. Everyone loves a fan favourite too, which will buy him a little extra time before the fans start getting at him.

I think he'd be better suited for the job than Capello

Ha Davids what a legend, saw him play against Cambridge recently and our 19 year old midfielder Luke Berry simply took the piss out of him all game.  Cracks me up he wears the number one shirt!  He had a terrible game and gave the ball away for our opening goal.  Having said that Barnet looked a tidy outfit and played some good football and fair play to him for cutting his managerial teeth down in the toilet land of the conference.