aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I really can't see Hibs finishing second bottom.  Looking at the league table, over the course of 6 matches, Killie would need to get 2 more points than Hibs, Ross County - 4 more points, Partick 5 more points and St. Mirren 7 more points.  All of that would have to happen before Hibs land in the play off place.  Can't see it.  They may well drop a couple of places, but they'll surely pick up some points in the last 6 matches. 

I don't see how/why Liverpool are any worse than Chelsea or City.  It was refreshing when Chelsea and City first started challenging again (despite the fact it was just because they'd thrown millions of pounds around) and it is refreshing that Liverpool are now challenging (seriously challenging) for the title.

It's refreshing to see Everton in with a great chance of 4th place too.  This is by far the most interesting season there's been in England for years - I think that would be devalued slightly if it finishes with Chelsea securing another title, City second and Liverpool third (and Arsenal secure the CL spot).  It would feel a bit samey.  That, and I think Mourinho is a bit of a dick, really.  I'd rather City than Chelsea.  I hope Chelsea come third.

I'm going to stick with my prediction (that I gave my Liverpool supporting brother at the start of last week) of:

1. Liverpool

2. City

3. Chelsea

4. Everton

5. MAN UNITED

6. Arsenal

7. Spurs

Yeah.

EDIT:  I just remembered that Terry Butcher jumped ship from a good thing at ICT to join Hibs.  I've never liked Terry Butcher, so hahahahaha.

[/childish]

Edited by Gladstone

I can't see Rangers winning that league as easily as many would think. McCoist is a shite manager and coming up against Premiership-hardened teams will be difficult. I know they have players with SPL experience, but they've been playing in bad leagues for a wee while now.

Would be very interesting. And Rangers can't afford to go all 'money' again and buy the trophy.

I do hope that Hibs and Hearts land in the same division as Rangers - it would make life hard for Rangers for sure.  I imagine Hibs being the only team capable of actually getting relegated now because they're form has absolutely nose-dived and could well get beat in the play-off if they land there.  I somehow imagine that any other SPL team would come out on top in the play-off, but you know, my predictions are fucking horrendous.

What's the format of the play-off?  I see that they're at "QF" stage at the moment - does the Premiership team get a bye to the final, so there are 4 teams in the QF, playing two legs for an SF place, then a two-legged SF (?) for a place in the final versus Hibs/Killie/Partick?

You say Rangers can't buy the trophy next season, but I bet they try to.  I think their strategy is win or bust really isn't it?  Throw money at it to get to the top flight in 3 seasons - if they don't get there, they'll probably go bust.  Someone was telling me that it is actually written down in their plan somewhere that they are targeting European football by 2016 and winning the title by 2018 (I may have made those years up, but it's not far off of that - if anything, the target will be sooner), which is just completely the wrong way to go about things.  They should have taken the opportunity to build up a team from scratch without being on the verge of bankruptcy the entire time.

Wrong way around, they are targetting 2nd by the end of 2016, with a title challenge the following season. With a good european campain by 2018.

I dont think they actually believe its a possibility, but there are so many stupid Rangers fans who will read it and think its possible, so will rush to buy tickets to help support it. 

Hibs being relegated would be the worst scenario for Rangers.  Big enough to spend sensibly with a view to getting straight back up and Butcher has been in that kind of fight before with Caley Thistle. A scrappy Hearts shouldn't be underestimated either.

Hearts seem to have been dishing out kickings to everyone since their relegation was confirmed. So weird. It was like finally being relegated lifted the pressure off them. Are they allowed to sign players in the summer? (And do they have any money to?)