aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

jorge-campos-19941.jpg

96 wasn't that great of tournament really but I can obviously see why England fans (especially those who are old enough to remember it but not world cup 90) have fond memories of it. I enjoyed it too with Scotland being there but overall the quality wasn't the best.

I'd rank the last 20 years of major tournaments as

2000>1998=2006>2008>1996>2012>2010>2002>2004

The first 3 are quite hard to order for me and I could spend ages thinking about it if I really wanted to. Giving the edge to 2000 because I think it probably did have the highest standard of football even though the other two maybe have stronger personal memories attached to them.

Euro 96 was great for me because we hosted it. I went to Germany vs Russia at Old Trafford and Croatia vs Denmark at HIllsborough. Both were good games. I thought the quality of football was great. Not just from England. Czech Republic were great that year. Shame they didn't win it.

Good day of football tomorrow. I'm hopeful the Liverpool - Everton game will be decent and I think I should be able to get a stream of the dons game. If not Arsenal - Saints will be worth watching. Then I'm heading to the pub with my German flatmate to watch Dortmund-Bayern. He's a Borrrusia fan but I really just want a cracking match so he'll have to excuse me if Bayern score am awesome goal and I cheer it.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Dortmund-Bayern should be a total banger. I don't think Dortmund have much hope, so it should be a goal fest. Piszczek is still injured. Subotic is out for the season. Hummels got injured at Wembley and Schmelzer is knacked too. That's the first choice back four! Yikes. They brought in Freidrich to cover their defensive crisis, and he's injured now as well! They might well have to play Grosskreutz in defence.

Let there be goals!

I think Ribery is out too though, which is a shame. That fuckugly troll is beautiful to watch.

I hope Gotze plays. It will be a wall of noise when he gets the ball.

Zlatan is great entertainment. We need more characters in footie on and off the pitch. Messi is great to watch but he has the personality of a potato. It seems the whole barca team is a bit on the robotronic side. I guess that's how they're taught to be.

Lets put it to the phonelines...who else entertains you in football nowadays? call in or text with your thoughts

Xavi comes across as a great guy. Seems very intelligent and funny, and not a total stiff like Messi seems. I prefer Ronaldo to Messi, as he seems like the most fun guy. I bet you could go for a pint with Ronaldo and have a blast. If you went for a pint with Messi, he'd probably just have a water, he'd be texting his mum the whole time, and then leave at half 7.

Entertainers in football? King Pat great, obviously.

Here is shortly after the 'Suarez bites Ivanovic' debacle, biting an arm:

BIfA-oRCIAA37Fw.jpg

And when he proper rubbed it in to Suarez by doing a lap of the pitch and then dancing infront of him

article-1328976972833-11AEA58C000005DC-3

Look at all that police. He wasn't far away from starting a riot.

Remember that furore around Rafa Benitez making that supposedly 'derogatory' hand gesture when his side comprehensively beat Blackburn, and he was signalling from the sidelines that the game was over after only half an hour? Fergie stepped in and stood up for his best mate Big Sam.

article-1171246-0480F89A000005DC-136_148article-1171246-0480F8D0000005DC-20_148xarticle-1171246-0480F8D7000005DC-636_148

So when Carrick scored the goal to make it 2-1 to United against Wigan to win them the title in 08/09, Evra celebrated by leaping through the air, doing the same hand gesture:

article-0-04EEF807000005DC-678_306x327.j

article-0-04ED7AF6000005DC-970_468x371.j

He also bit back at Lillian Thuram, after Thuram made some allegations towards Evra, which seemed a bit shortsighted. One of Evra's best quotes:

'Lilian think he's the new coach, the president of the FFF and the president of France. He sullied my name without knowing what had happened. What we did in South Africa was serious. Why put the oil on the fire?'

'Walking round with books on slavery in glasses and a hat does not turn you into Malcolm X,' 

He loves to stick it to France legends, though French pundits seem to see Evra as some sort of scapegoat. He recently hit back at Lizarazu as well:

He said: 'There are some pundits with whom I will soon settle my differences with...they want to sell a lie to the French people that Evra is disliked. But that is not the case at all.

'I do not know what Lizarazu has against me. I was twice voted best left-back in the world, four times the best left-back in the Premier League. Him, I don't even know if he was ever voted best left-back in the world.

'I recall my first call-up to the national side, all the others shook my hand apart from him. Thierry Henry said to him, 'Oh Liza, here is the opposition'. And Lizarazu looked at me and said, "Why? Someone told you that I was already retired?".

'People have a good impression of me, it won't be these tramps who dirty my image. They must stop lying to the French people.

And then there's the well-known chicken fillet story

http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/73523-16-Patrice-Evra-chats-about-chickens-Chelsea-and-a-few-other-things

If you would like more reasons as to why King Pat is the greatest, you should attend my weekly seminars. 

• Upvote 3

Barca players seem very well media trained. I think they actually do get training at the masia in how to handle the press which probably isn't a bad thing but can lead to fairly bland public personas. I don't think guys like Pique or Alves fit into the quiet guy Barca image but they still don't attract much attention to themselves in public. Saying that there was the spell when Pique was out in clubs a lot and Barca allegedly hired a private investigator to follow him.

Iniesta genuinely does come across like he wants nothing else other than to spend time with his family and play football. He probably drinks one glass of champagne all night after winning the champions league. 

Zlatan's comments about Barca, like the majority of his comments, are only acceptable because it's Zlatan. If chygrynskiy (another signing that season that didn't really work out) later complained about the players doing what the coach wanted and driving boring cars he's have been called a dick and laughed at from all sides. However as we all know Zlatan is a special man.